Optimus death 86 movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

I watched the Movie numerous times, and it never crossed my mind until recently last week after watching it again (After 34 years, it still rocks). Anyhow, when Optimus was laying on his death bead, Pereceptor informed the rest of the Autobots that Prime's wounds are fatal. Now let's say for instance, both Ratchet and Wheeljack, never died and were present, would they been able to save Optimus and heal him? Or were his wounds far beyond repair?

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Geez, way to put spoilers in the thread title!

:tongue: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Macross79

You think people haven't seen the movie yet? It became a thing for Optimus to die in ever series

4. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

If a doctor says a patient is fatal, it doesn't matter how many doctors are present. Fatal means fatal.

5. Macross79

Yeah, but don't forget that Perceptor wasn't a doctor, he was a scientist

• Like Like x 1
  6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

We can only go by what was actually said. He said, "fatal." He didn't say, "If only Wheeljack and Ratchet were here. They could have saved him." You're free to speculate all you want.

7. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Preceptor is not a Dr

And by the way there are many cases in which will one doctor thinks there’s no hope and another doctor has a way to help

• Like Like x 1
  8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    You laugh, but yes, because of folks being born, coming to the age of watching TF animated toons and movies... there will always be new fans who haven't seen the 86 movie.
    As you know, we've had a couple of blogs here where LIVE action movie fans, who are not 6-10 years old, have just found G1... and have begun to watch the series, then the movie. So yeah, YOUR TITLE CAN VERY WELL BE A SPOILER. :) 

9. Macross79

Well Fixit, First Aid, were at the Ark fighting against the rest of the Decepticons Combiners. But I am pretty sure they left the battle after the Decepticons retreated. So Fixit and First Aid could have rushed to Autobot City to help Optimus.

10. Altered Prime

My friend you should be careful not to mix what you personally believe in what sounds like official story

Fix it wasn’t anywhere during the events of the movie since he was a micro master and released in 1989 three years after the events of the movie

And yes the idw adaptation stated that the combiners we’re doing battle by the ark but that’s not necessarily what happened in the movie

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't forget that Perceptor was hedging his bets - he said "I fear the wounds are fatal" (emphasis mine). He wasn't entirely sure (not being a proper doctor and all), but thought it very likely.

Random thought: maybe giving the Matrix away played a part in his demise? Could it have been sustaining him?

12. Altered Prime

That’s one way to look at it, But not necessarily the only way

That statement could have clearly just been about being afraid to admit the truth, Meaning he was certain that the wounds were feeling but was afraid to really believe it

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

His toy was discontinued, therefor he was unsaveable.

• Like Like x 2
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

NOBODY could save Optimus from Hasbro's 1986 toy line plans

• Like Like x 2
  15. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Lead Singer & Front Man of the Secret Shockwaves

Ebay:
    I think that's splitting hairs for G1, honestly. If we're gonna get technical about it, while I think there are certainly transformers that are traditionally "better" than Perceptor at healing fallen allies, he's played a secondary role as a physician in most closely related material (including one of the guys that helped fix Star Saber). In addition, his tech specs state that his scientific specialties are metallurgy, molecular chemistry, electrical engineering." Arguably, those are key factors in transformer physiology. I'd say that he was likely qualified to declare when someone is a goner.

I suppose it could be viewed that way. I'm pretty sure that it was just idiom, though. "I fear the wounds are fatal." is Perceptor's polite, fancy way of saying "His ass gon' die."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Altered Prime

Do you see in that Throu kids eyes

They just have to screw ultra Magnus back together, Optimus had a bunch of holes , you cannot just fill that up

17. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perceptor was seen repairing other Autobots in Season Two. It factors heavily into one story because Brawn is giving him a hard time about staying behind to repair Ironhide or something instead of fighting. So Perceptor was a skilled repair bot.

18. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

He was not exaclty repairing Autobots. He was soldering a chip. There is a huge gap between the two. Also scientist doesnt mean mechanical engineer by default. He might know a couple of tricks on how their systems work, or how to design certain electronics, but to repair them is an entirely different matter.

I too believe the lack of Ratchet/First Aid been in the premisses might be a catalyst for Optimus Primes death. Although, replacement of certain components of their construction (or a lack thereoff) has been demontstrated (with Optimus ironicly) that sometimes its a timing event. Meaning that Perceptor might not have the time to find or build the neccessary components to fix Prime, even if he could. Remember that he died mere moments after the diagnosis.

There is a litteral endless list of possibilities why he couldnt be fixed.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's from the comic adaptation of the movie which was IDW not Dreamwave.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IDW put it out for the 20th, it fills in some gaps and could be considered cannon as Hasoro would have to approve any changes to the story.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Altered Prime

Oops said dreamwave...sorry

sure it’s canon because it’s official

Doesn’t mean it’s the same continuity
    And That bonus material was only in the trade paperback from what I understand anyway And not with the initial publication