Optimus a bad leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is he? He never disiplines Arcee or Miko. Bee doesn't listen to him and goes after his t cog anyway. Bulkhead sneaks away with WJ etc..

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

*ahem*

*takes a deep breath*

No.

*walks away*

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He needs a tighter grip on his group. Arcee almost killed herself and the entire team due irreponsability some six times, and he only reprimanded her once.

His goody good nature might be crippling him a little as well, I'm not saying he should go for pragmatism, but he borders on stupidity with his nice nature, like letting Megatron and SS walk away scots-free from the cave in Rock Bottom.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's basically the jist of it. Almost all of his team keeps disobeying him. The only one who seems to consistently follow orders is Ratchet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    He needs to be sterner with his crew, as stated before, but he's by no means a bad leader.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And even Ratchet isn't above doing his own thing once in a while...

TFP Optimus' main leadership technique seems to be to call retreat just in time to avoid accidentally winning the war and ending the series, such as when the Autobots were seconds away from overwhelming Megatron. I think Optimus secretly loves the power and doesn't want the war to end.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    *Leaves thread*

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ^ And even then, Ratchet's chewing out Optimus in Stronger, Faster under roid rage spoke volumes about what Ratchet seems to be holding back.

I also think Optimus needs a tighter leash. It's like the writers think his routine speeches are enough to keep anyone in line; obviously that's not working, since everyone bar Ratchet and Fowler have disobeyed him (then again Fowler went to fight Silas in Nemesis Prime). And they KEEP disobeying him. Primal chewed out his team as necessary and lost his temper with Depth Charge and Cheetor many times. Animated Prime was a father to his men. But this Optimus never gets onto them - and even the once in a lifetime chance he does, the fact Cullen is forced to act heroic 24/7 takes out any effect of it. Primal's office talk with Silverbolt in The Agenda tugged at my heart string a bit, hearing Garry Chalk speak that angrily.

This Prime, as I've said again and again and will say again and again, is my least favorite Prime. Never disciplines his troops, and when he ever does, crappy voice directing ruins any effect it would have on an Autobot or an audience. He lets Arcee and the others run wild, just barely realized that he's being screwed over in this war as long as he doesn't kill Megatron. And Hasbro and the writers are so obsessed with keeping him this heroic God that Peter Cullen can't even show any range with his performance.

/rant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    maybe he just needs to sit down and have a talk with them, and if they continue to act up give them a good spanking.

but really, he's a good leader aside from just needing more control over his team.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If Optimus were anything like Leroy Jethro Gibbs, we would've none of this chickenshit coming from the rest of the group.

11. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

^ THIS!

I want GIBBS PRIME!

12. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I would love for him to really make tough and realistic decisions. ie. Sacrificing one of his in order to win a crucial battle.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He needs to learn to discipline his troops. The bots were looking both scared and ashamed at the end of Speed Metal, but I really have no idea why. His idiotic goody-goody bullshit puts his comrades in danger of being killed later on. He needs to be more like Movie Prime. Put your fucking pride away and get shit done. A guilty conscious is quite tolerable rather than letting everyone else be killed. It's a sign of poor writing that everything Ratchet said in Stronger, Faster, when he is supposed to be crazy I might add, is 100% truth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yep.

TFP Optimus has to be a pretty bad leader to maneuver the Autobots into such a losing position. Megatron flies around in a mobile fortress, nearly monopolizes the planet's energon supply, and seems to have virtually endless ranks of blindly-loyal troops at his disposal to do whatever with. And he can apparently make or call on more whenever he wants.

Optimus has 4 troops, none of whom really listen to anything he says. And a fifth, I guess, but that one really doesn't listen to him, and has told him up front that he doesn't plan to take orders from him.

15. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

prime wasn't there me thinks you should rewatch that epasoide
    * takes a puse *
    two letters :

N. O. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm surprised no one has brought up the pitiful excuse of "HE'S STOIC!" yet. Guess I better give MPL more time to get here. :p 

17. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

That post put my eye out, prepare for surgery!

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

DINKLEBURRRRRG! Wait, what would Gordy say in this situation?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Do you know how annoying that is, seeing such a ridiculously long over-reacting post?

Overlord was speaking of the reason Arcee and Bulkhead didn't kill Megs and Starscream when they were defenseless in Rock Bottom. "Would Optimus finish them?" They only refrained from doing it thanks to Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Weasel!!!