Optims grow a backbone spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Arcee gets to go off on Smokescreen even after Optimus tells her to stop. Does she listen? No. She keeps going causing Smokescreen to run. Not only that, but she lectures him on being a team player despite all the times she went on her revenge outings. This is getting out of hand. Why doesn't Optimus put his foot down with her? I really don't get this.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    *Sighs.* This again? Didn't you just made a thread about Arcee being nasty?

Look mate I get that you hate her and want her dead but honestly we get it by now. We don't need many threads about how nasty she is in order to prove it.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Free will....Optimus supports this completely, even when he knows they're wrong to mouth off.
    Think back, look how Ratchet spoke to him under the influence of SythEn...he patiently waits for them to come to their senses.

Hopefully, we'll get to see how much Arcee regrets her words..this time.

Actually I was hoping this thread would be about Optimus shooting Soundwave in the back as he calmly carried Smoke into the Con bridge. He should have this time...to save his Autobot from being taken prisoner.

Must call Liam Neeson, he'd keep Smoke from being Taken. :) 

4. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I :lol 'ed

But seriously, Arcee was not wrong in saying what she did. She simply didn't stop when she should have and there's no fault in that really. She simply thought that what she had to say was what Smokescreen needed to hear. And it was. He just couldn't handle it right then.

I'll be the first to call her out when I feel she's acting wrongly. She was not wrong here.

5. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

"I will look for you, I will find you

and

then I will kill you"

:lol 

6. lildevilchick

I think Liam Neeson could pull it off, too... xD

7. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    :D 

Just seemed like a good moment to go there...I love Liam. :) 

As for Cee...
    Maybe not WRONG...but certainly overdone...yeah, young folks must learn... but you don't have to beat them even more when they're already down.

Optimus is the one who should have dressed Smoke down, if needed.

Optimus did NOT...for a good reason...he knew Smoke was disappointed in himself..his failure to perform...so a wise leader knows when to talk and when to say nothing.

All hail Optimus. :D 

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    While I like Arcee, she is clearly wrong and has zero room to talk about being a team player. She has went against what Prime has said many times for her own personal agenda. If it wasn't for Starscream, she would of been killed when Airachnid had her captured. I clearly remember before that, Prime shouting "Arcee, NO!!"

Prime needs to start setting examples. I remember many times back in Beast Wars when Optimus would go "Shut up Rattrap." I remember him putting Cheetor in his place, I remember him putting Dinobot in his place, I remember him putting Silverbolt in his place, and I remember him putting Depth Charge in his place.

What Prime should of said after Arcee went on still is this very simple line, "Arcee, shut up." Thanks to her, the Decepticons captured Smokescreen because she couldn't follow what Prime told her to do. Is she's the team player example, she should of listen to her commander, like any team player would had done.

9. lildevilchick

Yes, Liam is amazing. :D 

I agree with that. Arcee does tend to overdo things quite a bit, but sometimes we feel that the wisdom we have to offer is what others need to hear. Smokescreen was feeling vulnerable and just needed time to think. The wisdom Arcee had to offer was not what he wanted to hear right then.

In my opinion, the smart thing would have been to shush and then seek Smokey out later and have a nice one on one talk with him.

10. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree, that would have been a much more tolerable way to handle that...one on one.

And Smoke wouldn't have been so embarrassed by the comments either.

But of course, we know this happened this way so Smoke would run and be taken. :D 

Jetbolt: As for BW Optimus telling all his folks to shut up....his actions were a little more 'organic' then, a little more humanlike.... :D 

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  11. lildevilchick

Yup. Arcee's lecture served a purpose this time. People may not like how she behaved, but it was necessary to get Smokescreen out in the open.

12. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

Because optimus personality doesnt exist in this show. Remember that episode of g1 when optimus gave bumble bee a hug? This show needs more feels like that bro.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when he got on Brawn for mocking Perceptor in Microbots. And my mom loved that hug scene when I was a kid lol.

14. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

Not to be overly nitpicky, but Optimus did go after Ratchet almost immediately. It was just the SynthEn that prevented them from finding and bringing him back sooner.

*Sigh* Poor Optimus in that scene though; you could see in his face how he knows there's some degree of truth in Ratchet's statements.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That was in the past though. She came a long way since then. And yes everyone remembers that scene. How can we not after the backlash she got for it?

The Maximals however went and did those things anyway even after Primal got firm with them. They didn't exactly act like team players as well. I mean Silverbolt and Depthcharge went and did them anyway even after Primal gave them the riot act. Rattrap is also a good example of this.

She didn't mean to drive off Smokescreen. She was getting frustrated about what's happening lately with the Star Saber destroyed and that they lost both keys in one day so she came off too hard on it even though it was justified. And trust me after what happened in the end she's going to start blaming herself in the next episode.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That's the biggest load of BS I've read in a while. I didn't want to say anything, but this is just... wow.

The real reason Optimus didn't do anything? Because he's a shmuck. People say he's a military leader yet he just lets one of his troop cause another to run away because he "supports their free will." That's just an idiot move on his part. Really? He will compromise his team just because he doesn't have the brainpower to tell them to stop acting like spoiled children? No, just, no.

Optimus is a military commander as I am so quickly reminded everytime I bring up how utterly boring he is, because military commanders can't show any emotion at all or in any way be, for lack of a better term, human beings. And as a military commander he commands his troops and has a responsibility to them and how they interact. Allowing in-fighting and petty squabbles is bad leadership. And this isn't Beast Wars or Animated where Optimus isn't leading a squad of military soldiers and is inexperienced. He's supposed to be this wise old sage and routinely acts like a dumb old shmoe. The idea that' he'd allow dissention and soldiers abandonning their posts, especially at this point in the season where the stakes are so high and the situation so grave, is absurd. He is a leader, not a spectator.

At most, in-show, it's been like a month. And she's still not exactly the number one team-player.

The Maximals aren't soldiers. They are highly capable individuals, but they were explorers. Hell, at the beginning of the Beast Wars Cheetor was a mere child. Prime's Autobots are supposed soldiers who've been at war for millenia upon millenia. At most the Maximals have lived in peacetime for three hundred years. Also, they weren't even suppsoed to be fighting Predacons. They literally started their pursuit mere minutes before we first see them. Hardly even ground to judge. And the Maximals still didn't come off as this dysfunctional, since they were all still very close-nit and learned from their mistakes, or at the very least made sure to remind eachother to do so. Plus, they underwent evolution and developement. People think of Cheetor as this misbehaving hothead, but by mid-season one he's not only smartened up, but Optimus trusted him enough to routinely send him out on solo patrol.

Also I love how my week off from this forum has yeilded no change in it's workings. Conversation still turns to comparing Prime to past series' (i.e. older shows with lower standards) in order to try and explain it's errors or outright botched storytelling because people know it can't stand on it's own. (and yet still pales in comparrison)

17. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yes he went AFTER Ratchet...but going to rescue Ratchet is not the same as dressing him down...he didn't do that. He was disappointed that Ratchet obviously felt the way he did, that he had held his tongue until he was under the influence of the SEn. Optimus was hurt by Ratchet's words (--they're old friends and you wouldn't like your old friend to talk to you like that--at any time--) that's true, but Optimus didn't fire back at Ratchet as many humans would have done...he took it on the faceplate and allowed Ratchet the free will to choose his actions, but in this case...Ratchet did more harm to himself with his risky behavior...they did get some Energon out of the ordeal...and Optimus was even gracious enough to thank Ratchet for that, never mentioning the harsh words and accusations from earlier.

I believe...Optimus has good reasons for every action he takes as the Autobot Leader. Sometimes he's most likely following orders or suggestions spoken to him thru the matrix, instructions that only Optimus can hear...but the TFP folks haven't really focused on that much, on or off camera ..it was mentioned more in the novels.

Split...we all know how you feel about Optimus ad nauseum...and you could learn a few lessons in restraint from him.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

To be honest, though, SPLIT has a point. This Optimus does not really discipline the other Autobots. Arcee persisted in running after Airachnid alone, but Optimus never really laid into her for such disobedience, especially since one occassion would have ended with her death if Starscream hadn't been there. When Smokescreen flagrantly exposed himself to a human, Optimus didn't lay into him for breaking the number one rule. Optimus just doesn't really seem to run a tight ship on the other Autobots. Even Screamer at least made it very clear that Knock-Out's crap wouldn't be tolerated, for example.

He does have moments, though, when he does assert his authority. When Arcee wanted to go with them to the Harbinger "for Tailgate", he essentially tells her to sit down, shut up and stay with Screamer, and he certainly didn't tolerate Smokescreen's gamble after he got the Star Saber.

To be honest, he just needs to hammer it into the other Autobots that if they're running off doing stupid shit, than he will have to smack some bitches.

19. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I got the feeling that its what Prime wanted to say but couldnt. Hearing it from Prime would devastate Smokescreen so he let Arcee try to temper him. He could see she was maybe going too far but at the same time she had a point that needed to be made. He agreed with her point but not her tone.

I think a big reason for his lack of force when dealing with dicipline is that he knows what a legendary and infallible figure he is to most Autobots. Its not like Beast Wars where he is just a guy higher up the food chain, hes has a direct connection to the mythical 13 and he carries the matrix. They expect his wisdom to be absolute and if he does yell at someone its going to have a massive impact on how they view themselves. Maybe they will take the right message and improve, or maybe they will feel like Smokescreen did and take off forever thinking they are eternal failures. He needs a light touch because hes on such a high pedestal.

20. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Ratchet is drugged up. Optimus lets him do whatever he wants. Ratchet fights Megatron.