Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime Voyager Class; Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Great video, thanks! You fail spanish class forever though.

Nah, just kidding, though I hadn't noticed that in the box before, so I'm actually grateful you showed it. I understand the need for english and french text, but I wonder, why add spanish to the package? Are there any spanish speaking countries with Toys r Us stores? This actually makes me very happy for the possibility of seeing the preview wave in local stores!

I agree with you on the deluxe transformation comparison; I don't actually care that much for the similarity, and the robot mode is leagues better in the Voyager!. Seriously, this guy is so good I doub't I'll ever need a leader figure of the character.

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LMAO yeah i totally did :p  I actually live in southern california, so you'd think i'd learn SOMETHING...but nope haha

As for a leader figure...while i'm sure it would look wicked awesome....the size scales of these figures really impress me right now and right now, the deluxe and voyagers are fitting just about perfect...with the exception of Arcee really...

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Man oh man the Voyager Optimus figure looks better every time I look at him!:D  I'm so looking foward to getting him soon!

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That flat matte deco makes it look so bland. I really hope the Robots in Disguise re-release gets a more vibrant paint scheme. Not expecting Takara-like metallic paint or anything - just something far shiner & brighter than this watered down looking stuff. It looked great on Animated figures since it matched the show style, but this looks awfully cheap & plain on Prime figures.

Nice detailed review, btw.

6. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    thank you very much.

I think the paint is the result of the general pricing and economy of the times. Regular retail releases probably aren't gonna get a lot of special treatment in terms of the paint. I don't really think we'll get that even in the Robots in Disguise figures. I naturally could be wrong...but i think it'll be reserved for the more expensive "premium" figures from Takara and such.