Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Voyager Class: Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

As i just said on youtube, nice review. On the crest and knee spikes, I think they could have done with using a harder plastic, though i get why they didn't.

And I don't really mind the leg kibble, since as you said, it adds stability, i like his more show-accurate face too, though i wish they'd left out the useless weapon gimmick (but then, they are trying to attract the kids, and they do like glowy things), hm, i wonder if the null-rays from my MP skywarp will fit this guy....:D  Afterall, Knock Out did suggest the Null-ray as an upgrade :) 

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Very nice. I was concerned about a couple things when I watched Mrtbone's review, but now the figure looks pretty cool.

4. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    What concerns did you have watching his? Hopefully i did help clear some of those up for you

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The show accurate face is nice...but really all he's missing is some lines coming down from his eyes and going down his chin. The biggest crest on his forehead is nice too and might be swappable but the bigger crest probably will have problems hiding in vehicle mode for the FE version

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I was concerned that the chest pieces would come undone easily and that the waist hinge would be a large problem. The chest pieces look like they lock in quite well and the waist hinge seems useful enough for posing that just tightening it with Future Floors will remove any issues I have with it.

I also didn't like the colors that well because they don't suit Starscream, but after you mentioned that he would make a good Skywarp I decided I like them. This figure will be my TFP Skywarp.

7. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Very nice, even though I was already planning on getting the figure, I'm definitely picking one up once he shows up in my area.

One thing about Starscream's scale though, personally I feel he scales better with the deluxe Autobot and Decepticon cars than with voyager Prime & Megatron (which FE Starscream scales perfectly with instead as you said in the review).

8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review - showcased all I hoped & feared.

Still, getting him - because he's cheaper than the FE mold & the jet looks miles better.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, damn. I am now definitely interested. Looks pretty good. I'm gonna need bigger Prime figures to display him with. He might look good with... what were they? Weaponizers? We'll see.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I'm already buying, but I need to see this review.

Also, are you going to review the craptastic RiD Bulkhead if you ever find him?

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think the opposite. The giant hinges on the top of the plane near the nosecone and wings completely kill it for me. Why was the Deluxe able to avoid having them but this Voyager is covered in them?

I also don't like the colors. I find that orange-ish red really ugly and out of place. Even though it's a little bulkier, the Deluxe jet looks a hundred times better, imo.

And something about this Voyager looks bow-legged in robot mode. wtf is up with that? I know he has kind of a hunched posture in the show, but he's not supposed to look like he just got done riding a horse for 14 hours.

12. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear ya - but thanks to buying FE & RID Arcee, my ego is now stronger than my id.

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review Optibotimus. I always enjoy your reviews. You're one of my favorites.

And thanks for saving me some money. When I was Starscream-less I considered waiting for this. I like vehicle mode scales to be correct, therefore I like Starscream to be huge. But I got impatient and people kept raving about how good the FE was so I got him and don't regret it. The voyager looks okay but the one thing that I REALLY wanted it to do was to fix the "legs-under-a-jet" syndrome the FE has. No such luck. So that combined with other stuff I dislike, like the forearms and the far too noisy vehicle mode make me pass on this.

If I may drop one piece of constructive criticism though. Can you please stop nearly ranting about a single point you dislike? In this one it was the ankle kibble. In PRID Arcee it was the color. Yes, you should voice your opinion on the matter but not as often as you do.

Love your reviews though. Always highly entertaining. I can't wait until you get a vehicon and a Knockout.

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Another figure you've talked me into getting.

15. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thanks for watching and thank you for the criticism. It is very helpful. It really is habit for me i guess lol

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I did no such thing! :p