Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Prime (RiD) Deluxe Class: Knock Out

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, May 7, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    "I'm half kneeling with my leg kicked out action pose!"

XD

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Pretty dramatic...i know :p 

4. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    The first couple of times I transformed this guy to vehicle mode I couldn't get the "love handles" to slide into his hands, so his legs wouldn't join with the roof properly. Once I figured it out I was very impressed by how well his parts were engineered to fit together.

5. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    LOL!!!!! This review was almost as if I made it, since I had the exact same issues as you had.

The exposed ports are in fact lame, since they clearly can make them hidden...but I'm guessing that it costs more to make them hidden compared to having them all visible and ugly looking.

I wish that Knockout had a FE version to compare to, since it would have looked so much better! Unfortunately, the superior FE days are behind us. Hasbro is going to cheap-ass route now. -_- Hell, the Takara versions with the ugly ports/stickers are even WORSE than the U.S. RID figures. Why are Transformers getting worse instead of better? The comparison usually does make the RID seem weak (which it really is, cost cutting and what not), but the trend to make these figures cheaper seems to be with us for quite a while. Sad really.

"Dueling weird looking things" really should have been the selling point for his weapon, since it does suck. I feel sorry for Knockout, since he deserved a better weapon.

I also had problems getting my arm to reopen for transformation. lol

The shoulder parts (spikes and the lights up on the chest) moving when you move the arms does suck a lot! I can't believe how much Hasbro messes up with their printed instructions! If if wasn't for you guys and these reviews...thousands of Transformers would have misshapen transformations to them. lol

It is a bit sad that a repainted Bumblebee is actually cooler than Knockout. I really liked my Hot Shot more compared to the butcher job that was given to Knockout. It isn't fair, but what can you do. :( 

I'm guessing that Hot Shot will be your Wednesday review?

6. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm actually trying to get the Vehicon done for Wednesday, but i'm running out of time i think lol I've been rushing to get the Transformers Ride video up today (iphone video sometimes gets wonky and doesn't like working with pc software) and i wanted to try and get the review of the Allspark prop replica done too. Vehicon is shot and done, but i gotta edit and save it. So i should be ok...we'll see. But i'm also going to go see Avengers tonight, so that's gonna eat 3 hours of work time for me. Plus i wanted to go to a fish store today to get my first clownfish for my new fish tank...busy busy busy busy lol

7. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    What?! How DARE you have a life! Your priorities are not in the correct order. Toy reviews are always first! Just kidding. :D  Side note- Has your weight gone down from your exercise routine?

I was going to ask about Vehicon, but completely forgot about it. Glad to know that you were able to find one. Was it locally or from an online store?

Sounds like we'll be getting a lot of Transformers videos from you soon. :) 

8. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I've dropped a few pounds but in doing weight lifting too..i've kinda gained it back, if that makes sense. Muscle weighs more than fat so i roughly weigh the same, but i'm getting more muscle mass and feeling stronger. Thanks for asking :) 

As for Vehicon, he is out. My local TRU had the Knock out and Hot Shot figures i showed off...the Vehicon though wasn't there at the store. But clearly, since they're all casemates, he's out too. Vehicon i had to get from BBTS though.

9. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

I can't agree with anything said in this review. The vehicle mode is negligibly smaller than the RID Bumblebee/Hot Shot you showed, the transformation isn't difficult in either direction.

Oh, and on top of that, the chest still isn't transformed correctly throughout the review.

Thanks for blocking me from commenting on Youtube, chief!

10. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You're welcome. You insult me in a comment on my channel and expect to be allowed to continue posting comments? Get real. I could care less if you agree or disagree with what i say in the video. A review by it's nature is the opinion of the person making it. You're entitled to your opinion but if you're going to point out a complaint that you have, susch as me having the chest transformed incorrectly, perhaps you should also point out that i transform his arms and his waist wrong...based on the instructions and the image on the back of the package. I transformed it in a way that i think makes it look more visually appealing to myself. You can disagree all you want, but as i said, when you insult me for no other reason then to be a dick...then yeah, you'll get blocked. The fact you even needed to come here and follow me so you can say something to me regarding getting blocked on Youtube...really shows just how mature you are too by the way, and justifies my decision to block you.

11. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

And like I said in the comment, its transformed incorrectly based on the past CAD images. So its not transformed as the designers intended.

Sure, the arms and waist are transformed incorrectly if you follow the box art/instructions. But I explicitly stated it was transformed incorrectly if going by the old CAD images.

At any rate, my apologies for being a dick. Why I got butthurt about a video review is beyond me.

Carry on, sir!

12. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'd love to see this CAD image you're talking about so i can transform it properly. It might really help the figure itself

13. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/TF-Toys-SDCC-11-312_1311286310.jpg

The head sits a little lower, and the headlight portions manage to clip in much more securely to the double hinged chest portion. Its hard to explain, but once done, locks everything down in a much more satisfying way.

It by no means makes the figure great, but certainly makes a mediocre one average.

Here's another thread that illustrates it a little better..

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/587104-prid-knockout-chest-help.html

Perhaps you already had it transformed this way and I just couldn't tell from the review. If thats the case, well then, consider me a doofus!

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Good review :)  One more day till mine gets here.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    This review makes me mad because I can't find a Knockout.

Good review, none the less.

Also, will you review the Botcon figures, like last year?

16. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    I watched the review. That is exactly what he did, but the part tolerances kept it from locking together properly, which had the result of the proper transformation falling apart when he moved the arms, those were too tight for the chest connection.

17. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

Odd, when I lock mine together like posted above, there are no tolerance issues. It doesn't pop apart at all during posing.

It will pop apart if I don't have the chest piece properly aligned, but when its right, it definitely locks down securely. At least on mine.

18. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    I tightened the arms on my Knockout a couple days ago. After that every time I moved the arms the chest popped apart. I had to spend some time wearing down the Future before Knockout worked properly again. I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure the exact same thing is happening to Optibotimus' Knockout.

19. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

Yeah, tolerances vary amongst figures. So its far from surprising. My Knock Out doesn't have loose arms, but I guess they aren't tight enough to pull the chest apart.

I'm still thinkin' its something with the chest alignment, because if I have the chest panel even the tiniest bit misaligned, things can go awry. Yet when its right, its definitely a secure hold.

Its not really an issue at this point, with the review being said and done, so ah well.

May my apology be duly noted if it was indeed transformed as I was trying to explain above!

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optibotimus, I do so love your reviews. You literally quoted me when you said you wished Knockout had had a First Edition version. I pine to see that reality where he existed.

I really agree with your points to varying degrees. The size doesn't really bother me but the color and generally everything else you mentioned does. Overall I'm glad to have him and enjoy him for what he is but I won't be upset if he gets another version.

And I'm sorry if my thread, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/587104-prid-knockout-chest-help.html was brought up in a negative light to you sir. But from the review it seems you didn't have the neck plate locked into position. As I said in my thread, I used a little force and it clicked into place. Once secure (I can move the head around without the neck plate moving) the headlight pieces were solidly in place. It's also gotten much easier over time to get that plate to lock into place.

One other bit of "you did that wrong" (said in a friendly manner mind you). When hiding his head to go back into vehicle mode, you can get it to lock against the underside of that middle chest plate. It's frankly a pain in the ass to do so and involves making sure you have that section flush with the rest of the hood, but it does make moving that section around easier.

But yeah I love the reviews man. Glad to hear your diet is working so keep it up.