Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers PCC Grimstone with Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I had head they called the Styracosaurus a Triceratops but didn't realize they labeled the Dimetrodon a Spinosaurus.

And in case you were curious, Parasaurolophus is a dino; Dimetrodon isn't, though.

Nice review :) 

3. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great review! He looks like a cross between Unicron and the Fallen.

"Oo oo .. ooops, ouch" :lol 

The Parasaurolophus is a proper Dino, I think. It's the Dimetrodon which everyone was in arms about. The box calls it a Spinosaurus, but Spinosarus is bipedal while the Dimetrodon crawls about on its belly on all fours, which is what that drone does. Hasbro probably did an "oops", and just changed the name. Hopefully the scholars just take it for the cool toy it is!

Quite a few drones require manual transformation (even some which aren't supposed to) so you're not alone in having to manually do it. My jetplane leg from the Aerialbots and Protectobots just won't go in unless I transform it manually.

A question on those tabs at the back - do they click in like they do with Huffer and Bombshock, or just squeeze in and rely on friction to stay in like Leadfoot? After several transformations my Leadfoot has trouble keeping his shoulders in now. Skyburst has the same problem, but at least in his case the pressure on the tab isn't anywhere near as much as what Leadfoot has.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    And that's perfectly normal, it's in the instructions.

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think i said on my comment section on the video...that a Dimetrodon is just a stubby legged version of the Spinosaurus haha

6. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The tabs work fairly well. They don't snap exactly into place...but the friction holds fairly well.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I think the legs might be a little loose because you forgot to rotate his legs at the thigh before you combined him. I say might because I don't have this guy...yet and I think it just looks better that way. Hope it helps. Great review, can't wait to find him and the Constucticons!

8. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

The instructions only say to fold the wings down and the tailfins up. I need to lift the entire dorsal part of the plane up and manually ensure the tab blocking the combiner port moves away - i.e. the entire transformation. There's something about the tabs I got that will not respond to a force pushing into them.