Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Dark of the Moon; Ultimate Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Great review Optibotimus... I guess I changed my mind on it..

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    that seems to be happening a lot with this guy....both for good and bad

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, and thanks for the honesty. I basically feared some things about this figure, and you confirmed them. It seemed like somewhere, there was some issues with the design and he ended up not resembling that actual jetwing Prime. I'm also guessing that somewhere the budget was cut so to cut down costs the combined form lost a lot of its engineering. I could be wrong, of course, but I know I won't be getting him. Needing to be conservative with space, there's no place for something that doesn't really impress me. If the stand alone Prime came out ok, I would have considered it, but as you said he seems far worse then the previous Prime's we've gotten.

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Glad i could be of some help. Seems like only "positive" reviews for this figure exist, while most people dislike the figure, so it makes no sense to me lol

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a combination of just wanting a large and imposing Prime and wanting the full trailer makes people like him. Or, maybe they already got it and want to defend their purchase. I've seen other reviews, and for some reason they seem to gloss over the issues like the aren't a big deal for some reason. Maybe they really don't think lack of articulation in combined mode, screen accuracy, and subpar engineering is a big deal, but that seems really inconsistant by most fans standards. Geez, I kinda sound like a toy snob here- I'm not, really, but I get a little choosier with higher priced figures and originally was excited by the prospect of a supreme class Prime.

7. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No i agree with you. If i wanted a statue, i'd be fine with that. But at this price, to not even make the arms connect properly annoys me. I could probably get over the leg articulation, but the arms just suck.

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    optibotimus, I enjoyed your review and I will be getting him despite the cons of the figure. Somehow to me, he just looks....right. I know difficult to explain, but Ultimate Op is doing it for me.

9. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    that's fine lol i dont' expect everyone to agree with me :p 

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review I actually feel much better about deciding to pass on this one.

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of your best reviews.

I was really on the fence, back n forth with this one. Liked some of the pics, and reviews..then seen others...

I agree. That has to be one of the worst looking primes. I wonder how the trailer looks with TFM1 Leader? It looks SO much better with the ROTF Prime.

I would say this was one of your best reviews. I could hear the disappointment sometimes in your voice. THAT is EXACTLY how I would be if I spent that much cash and opened it. I would be pretty disappointed.

Thats why I think its one of your best reviews. You saved me the grief. You took one for thousands of us on the fence. I Do think kids will dig it. And I dont wish Hasbro to lose its ass on this one because it will make them less inclined to do BIG tfs. If I see it at Target during clearance time, Sure I might look at grabbin it.

I call it like I see it. And in this review, you did just that.