Optibotimus Reviews: Transformers Collectors Club Over-Run (Runabout)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm glad that I watched this review...since I actually had that G1 figure as a kid. I forgot his name, but I definitely remember him, since he transformed on his own.

The figure looks cool, but my brain can't justify spending that much for a repainted figure. I like how the rub symbol is still shown on top. Nice attention to detail.

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    :thumb 

4. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    My personal opinion is that this is an exclusive figure. That being said, it's very limited and in my opinion warrants an increase in the cost. Not only that, but he's not just a repainted figure, he's also got a new head. That plus the different way of transforming him (thanks to general tekno), we get a figure that while looks similar, is entirely different and has a different character to him. Like i said in the video, if the price holds you off, paying 100 bucks for the figure (if you aren't a member), gets you this guy plus the membership for a year, which also gets you a free figure, in addition to the magazine and the like. I think overall it's worth it.

5. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    nice review of a solid figure, although im not a fan of the "fanwank mode"

6. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Really? You might be the first person i've heard that doesn't like it. Might i ask why?

7. shadow panther

News Credits:
    just seems to plain and boxey to me

8. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Do you mind if i ask if you also think the same thing towards Wheeljack and Tracks in general? I don't honestly see it looking boxey to be honest. Especially since, as i showed the comparison between it and the G1 figure and the two look very similar when put in the fan mode...

9. shadow panther

News Credits:
    i meant the fan mode looks boxey not the official mode, which also goes for wheeljack and tracks, truthfully i love the mold my only real complaint is wheeljacks shortness compared to tracks, but i got over that easily, and making runabout look more like the G1 toy doesnt make it better IMO, it makes him look like i said boxey, bland and generic, I absolutly love the wings and overhead guns ads a cetain style to him something that matches the characters personality. how one displays it depends on personal preference, and i guess im glad theres this mode for people who want to display it that way. like i said a real nice review of a solid toy im just not a fan of the fanwank mode

10. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Don't take my questions as a way of thinking you dislike my review or anything. I'm just curious why someone would dislike it...so i asked. You mention that the fan mode makes him look bland and generic. Yet the previous molds, use the same look that you seem to like. That to mean would make him generic and looking the exact same as the previous versions. I like the fact the fan mode exists as a way to capture that G1 look closer. It's a nicer homage to the figure that this new toy is obviously based off of. Giving him a different look than the other incarnations of the mold, to me, gives him something different that the other figures don't have. In my opinion, the G1 look does make the figure better. Otherwise, it just looks like a dark version of Wheeljack or Tracks.

11. shadow panther

News Credits:
    by previous molds you mean the g1 mold? or tracks and jacks? heh. i never was a fan of the g1 toy. absolutly LOVED thier apearance in the comic and after reading the issue they appeared in i couldnt wait to get a hold of these guys then i go out and get the toys and im like "thats it? really?" again like i said the fan mode is good for people who want to make him look more like the g1 toy but to me its just plain and boxey.

btw i love your reviews

12. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you :) 

Not everyone has to have the same opinions...so thank you for having this conversation with me regarding the figure...i appreciate the back and forth.

13. shadow panther

News Credits:
    yeah the back and forth was nice, im trying to be a little more open minded about other peoples opinions on things. now i said i like your reviews and youve sold me on quite a few figures (my wallet fuckin hates you btw :p ) however....what i didnt like about this particular review of yours is you didnt really show off the official mode. thanks for the chat and keep the reviews coming