Optibotimus Reviews: 2012 SDCC Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This is a very long video and i apologize for that, i'm certain far shorter ones will come out in the next couple days. I basically did individual reviews of each robot in my normal style. Ending it with a review of the big guy himself. I included here as well as time stamps in the video description on youtube itself to help you guys out. Enjoy

Swindle's review - 05:43
    Brawl's review - 14:44
    Onslaught's review - 24:03
    Blastoff's review - 36:00
    Vortex's review - 45:40
    BRUTICUS' review - 53:23

Video Review of the 2012 SDCC Exclusive: Bruticus - YouTube

so many people asked for this, i decided to do a separate video showing the different sort of combinations for the limbs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic, and very through review. Thank you.

It sounds like the most simple, and needed fix a 3rd party company could do would be to upscale the Onslaught figure.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to watch this in installments Optibotimus. But I appreciate the fact that you were so thorough.

4. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I was thinking would be the "solution" to this figure.

I wonder if Hasbro will look into whether they can price a set to do this for next time.

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I'd be happy if someone could work out a way to put the limbs on Universe Onslaught. That one might be too big, though. :( 

Optibotimus, you have Hardhead on the shelf there...think you could cobble together a mock up?

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Thanks to you I've been online all day waiting not so patiently for Bruticus to pop up at HTS.

:p 

7. crazycj123456

crazycj123456 The crazy Decepticon!

Are you going to do a second video showing off the limbs in the other mode and how they work? You didn't swap them or anything in the video and I really want to know how the other limb modes function.

8. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

At 33:45, it looks like Bruticus is milking himself.

:lolol 

9. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm doing an video for that by itself. I'll tell you though, there are no instructions on how to do different combinations or transforming them into those other limbs. All i have to go by is pictures online. Which was one of the reasons i didn't want to bother doing that or including it in the first place. The other reason is it added another 15 minutes to an already hour long video

10. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Thanks for the great review on these guys! I always enjoy your reviews, man. Looking forward to snagging this monster.

11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Wow, I knew Brawl had to be mis-transformed in leg mode in most of the earlier looks at him, but I never suspected they were *that* wrong.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Each limb has 2 integrated Bruticus hands (so it can be a left or a right) or what?

13. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Great review as always Optibotimus. :) 

I have a few questions though about the figure itself. How tall is it in Bruticus form? I just want to know if it will fit in my shelving area since there is a clearance issue. Also, how much taller/wider is it compared to G1 Devastator?

I really disliked this figure from the pictures that I saw, but your review helped me to somewhat like the figure, while also showing me a bit too much for how the figures are. lol Onslaught is by far the weakest of the group and I totally agree that he needed to be Voyager size. His "Vehicle" mode is pathetic, and I can only wonder if the brains behind this figure could even do an Earth mode instead of just cheat and form some pretend Cybertron vehicle.

Blast-Off is lame in his arm mode as well, since it looks so damn hollow! Now, I might be wrong, but can you have any of the four be ANY part? So perhaps Blast-Off might be better suited as a leg and maybe one of the others can do the arm limb better?

Brawl as a leg looks very sturdy when you transformed it, since I was thinking that it would be some weak attempt at a body part.

The tab issue is another reason why I might pass, since I also get paranoid about them stressing and/or breaking from just a few transformations.

I did read about your other video for alternate limbs, so maybe that will help me even more to actually say "Fuck it!" and make a set. lol I've been wanting a combiner set, but I also wanted something along the lines of the Prime toys (instead of just buying a G1 set). My ultimate wish would be that Hasbro makes a Devastator Prime combiner set (if Bruticus is successful enough). :D 

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I wish you had shown alternate limb configurations.

15. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    yes

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I cut it from the original video because it was already an hour long. I've done a separate video due to the requests by so many people. It's updated on the main post

17. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I found one question in all that :p  The answer to that one is he's roughly 11 1/4 inches in height.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Great review,but I still don't like him,especially for $100.The legs don't bother me too much,but those arms are just horrible.

19. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Nice review. Since my father managed to snag this one for me, I watched your review so I knew what not to do (the tabs things doesn't worry me that much).

Glad that Brawl has a decent leg form. Now if only Swindle's excess mass got transferred to Onslaught.

20. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In your update video you say Vortex has a cannon instead of a hand if made the left arm instead of the right as it is packaged.
    I'm almost certain can see a swivel on the palm to change the position of the thumb. Is that not to change the position of the thumb to make it a left hand? I thought that is what it is for.

I'm pretty sure that's why his fingers on the hand are positioned fully extended in that "karate chop" pose.