Optibotimus Reviews: 2011 SDCC Transformers Prime; "First Edition" Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol before you open him up you seem pretty excited but when you got him out totally different.

i think it looks terrible. proportions are wrong and the chest is so square and flat. the back looks a bit much as well.

voyager looks much better.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I *like* it. I don't love it, especially after playing with Starscream, but I don't *hate* it. I am excited for the voyager though.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This review deserves a this. Especially the part about the fake chest windows and gorilla arms.

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I totally agree, the voyager looks much much better. At least he doesn't look a TF: Prime Optimus Primal haha. I was really excited for it, but only because looking at the package, i loved it...the figure i THOUGHT might be mistransformed in package...sadly, it turned out to be just...a bad figure

I don't see why anyone really likes it. It looks bad. Starscream looks FAR better than this one, i don't even think that's a remotely fair comparison, but...i don't have Starscream :p 

"this review deserves a this"? huh? lol did you forget a word in your sentence haha

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    You're just trying to be different, admit it! Haha!

(As I said: C'MON CANADA POST!)

7. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    lmao apparently :p 

I honestly do hate doing reviews that are negative. I get so much crap from people because i don't like something and don't recommend it....(see my recent review of the deluxe twins lol)

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I almost ordered it, but your review saved me $25. I'll wait for the Voyager.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll get one of these with the kids and Megatron. It doesn't seem worth a purchase on it's own, even with the matrix packaging. It'll certainly be cheaper that way, too.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another spot on analysis.

I ordered one from HTS today, JUST for the packaging. IMHO, that is the most fantastic package I have EVER seen a transformer toy come in. There is just NO comparison.

As for the toy itself. :puke:  I LOVE TFP the show, but I just do not like cartoony transformers. This one looks like a prototype that got scrapped. If TFP toys were less toony, and more "realistic, mechanical" looking, I would be all over them. I am a huge fan of jet and chopper TFs, so I will probably pick up the deluxe starscream. That one looks cool, after a head swap if possible.

Once again, Megaprops for calling it like you see it. If they would have put just a pinch of racoon shit inside that matrix package, I still would have bought it.

I am really intrigued by the right side interior flap story line. I would LOVE to see a TFP prequel series. Even more so than another earth story. It really gets my imagination going.

I do not wish any harm on the TFP line of toys. I really hope kids love em, so the show will continue and flourish...they just wont get hardly any of my ca$h from it. Bring on the rest of the movie stuff.

11. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just today, I ordered that matrix packaged prime, with the disc10 promo, and it said $0 for shipping. The total was like $17. I'll gladly pay that for that box and matrix package.

12. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    not a bad deal at all!

13. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    One thing i find fascinating...is the fact they seem to refer to Cybertron as if that in itself is a character. With Unicron on the horizon...i wonder if Primus will make a return

14. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DUDE.....now THAT would be cool. Im all for elaborating on what cybertron is, or could be. Im still not 100% sure that the teaser trailer was unicron, was that confirmed yet?

PLANET FIGHT!

15. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review but kill the babytalk (feetums)...it's not very becoming of you.

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Perhaps you should watch more of my videos....i've said "feetums" before. Besides, don't take stuff too seriously

17. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    I subscribe to your channel, I know how much you say stuff like that. Just constructive criticism.

18. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Like I said in my answer to Peaugh's review of this, definitely waiting for the Voyager.

The vehicle mode on the Deluxe looks less toony/ kiddy than I initial pics made it look, but what were they thinking w/ the 'bot mode? & I tend to only get a single version of any given character/ mold (I want) in each line, w/ few exceptions. The Voyager looks better, & definitely more accurate (& probably more complex), so I'll get that one...

I'm leaning towards Deluxe Starscream over the Voyager, but I'll need to see a review for the Voyager to make up my mind on that.

From what I've seen of the other Prime toys, I'll probably get one of each (non-Zombie for Cliffjumper), on screen character... Wheeljack & Soundwave will likely be bought on sight.

& I do like your reviews; usually quite funny & informative.

19. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    If you can't handle feetums you're way too serious to be a toy collector. Long live the feetums!

20. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell yeah, "feetums" FTW! I am going to completely pass on DLX Prime in favor of Voy. Prime!