Customs: Opinions wanted -update-

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Sep 27, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I'm working on a kitbash of a fan-character. Basically its going to be Cybertron Downshift repainted and modded into a Decepticon cop car. I can't decide on what to do for a head (the head is going to be a custom mold) and I could really use some opinions/suggestions on the two concepts I've done so far.

Thanks in advance :]

-update- I finished sculpting the head, I went with the police officer head, and with the version Catch22 provided. Pics coming... soon-ish, I hope D:

Attached Files:

2. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    They look good to me, but I can't say as I'm a fan of the 'stache :)  Never understood why a robot would need one... but it's just a personal opinion! I fthe beard on the cop head is still colored the same as the rest of the face, i would have just assumed it was a chin.

If the two bumps on the riot cop's dome are little sirens, it's a nice touch. I just wonder if they would end up being too small to come across in the final version.

Nice work overall

3. underwear-ninja

Yeah, those are sirens. I'm not sure if I want them on the side or on the top of the head. Downshift's little compartment is pretty tight as it is.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i like the top one with the hat because the one with the riot gear looks to plain. i like pointy chins for decepticons but i understand the square jaw line do to the toy design. what you have will go good with the square shape of the bot mode.

also i like your sketches they get the point across very well

5. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

6. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Considering Downshift's altmode is a 70s pony car I'd go with the hatted version since they didn't have modern riot helmets like that in the 70s.

Also, don't forget to give him a single light on top instead of a light bar!

7. underwear-ninja

Thanks for mentioning those little details- it'll really help it stay period-accurate :]

I like the eidt you did Catch22, that's the sort of input that comes in handy! It gives me an idea of how to make the head fit into the compartment a bit better (granted I didn't really draw this in specific style, just my own)

8. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Heh, well I'm doing the same thing you are for a Classics-style Barricade so I did my research.

Good luck with your project.