Opinions on Wing Saber - Hasbro or Takara?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Mar 26, 2006.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I need your help...I'm thinking of picking Wing Saber but I'm not too sure whether should I get the Cyberton or Galaxy Force version.

I have heard good things about both versions but which in your opinion is better? By the way, how is chrome on GF Wing Saber? Does it fade easily?

Thanks for the help guys! :) 

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I cant compair the two because I havent seen the Cybertron Version but I bought the GF Wing Saber(Sonic Bomber) and all I can say is WOW. He truly is a great TF he looks just great. I see nothing wrong with the one I have everything looks in order.

3. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:
    the GF one is MUCH nicer..the Chrome is not a problem at all with this figure and really adds to the Sonic bomber combination

the colours used on the cybertron version make it look like a knockoff

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it more comes down to two choices:

1. Takara version, chrome looks better (at least for some people but not everyone) and shiner, but you run the risk of chipping and flaking.

2. Hasbro yellow painted version, don’t have to worry about paint chips, more durable, but not as good looking as the gold chrome (again I don’t speak for all as many have said they like the straight yellow better)

So ya it just really depends on your personal preference. I like the Takara one better myself but that’s just me.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get the Japanese one that comes with TRU Convoy & Coby hehe

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I'm more then happy waiting for the Habsro version. The gold chrome on the Japanese version looks great, but I'm not at all put off by the yellow on the Hasbro version. Plus, as always I'm not going to waste money on importing the same exact toy that will be flooding domestic shelves in a few months.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have the GF version... Love the chrome...

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    dont forget the visor isnt aligned right on the takara release., it bends up over his nose instead of going straight across it like it should (the giftset version fixed this) and looks pretty bad.

hasbro version might be fixed.

If I had my choice, I'd get GF version. and then if the hasbro version has a fixed visor, I'd swap heads.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

when it comes to the main line...I always buy domestic...no point in importing ... seems kinds of a waste to me. Its not like the difference between the BTs and the alts...just colors..

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go for the chrome personally. But then, the Cyb version will be about half the price, so that's something too.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the GF version, and it's pretty cool. My visor was warped, but I fixed it somewhat by wedging a screwdriver in between to widen it and heating it up for a few minutes over a space-heater.:thumb 

12. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That crooked visor worried me (I wouldn't try to fix it like Cata, as I am clumsy) so I didn't feel so bad about not getting Sonic Bomber. If Wing Saber has the same problem, well at least I save lots of money.

The chrome wouldn't be so good at my place, either. We play with our toys rather hard :D 

So...when will I see Wing Saber's headshot?

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    That's what I'm THINKING! hehehe! Seems like the majority is leaning towards the GF version so I guess I will be picking that version up! By the way, thanks for the help guys! :D 

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I got Sonic Bomber because it was released first and I wanted it, now that I've seen the hasbro version, I'm glad I got the GF one because I like the look of the chrome much more than the yellow. I think Hasbro should have gone with a gold color like the one found on Armade Prime's super mode. But to each his own. My vote would be for the GF version.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ok, I was actually gunning for the Hasbro version because of the chrome but since most of you guys vouch for the chrome, I will be picking that up. I'm tempted to pick up the gift-set and the cheapest I can find in my country is ard US$85.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    we are glad to help.

we are glad to help you the in cause of inflicting more pain on your wallet XD

17. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Modern gold chrome doesn't really chip as much as other colours.

Phazer

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ok! I get your point! GF version here I come!!! And KA...u're evil! :D 

19. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Verbatim what I think. Is it really that big of an issue?

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    For me, it all comes down to which looks better IMO and whether the difference in price can be jusified. I bought SL Rodimus over Energon based solely on the fact SL had a darker red, almost black grey parts, more vibrant orange parts and the flames on the hood. To me, it simply looked better.

Another example of the opposite. The vamnguard symbol on the arm of CD Scattorshot is slightly larger than the Takara version. While I think it doesn't look as good, I don't think it would warrant paying almost double for a GF Backguild just so I would have a symbol that's the same size as the other Vanguard/Cybertron Defense Team members.