Opinions on Voyager Fallen and Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by richyungsociety, Aug 7, 2009.

1. richyungsociety

richyungsociety Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about selling both of them.
    I just don't like either figure too much and bought both after reading some of the reviews online.
    The Fallen just doesn't look Transformeresque to me. Looks like something out of an Alien movie. If his alt mode was decent i may have considered keeping it but the alt mode seemed like the designers didn't put much effort into it.

Voyager Megatron i don't like because i just can't stand that green color. Seems off. And that cybertronian tank mode looks kind of corny as well.

I blame myself for buying both. My fault. But does anyone else feel the same about these 2 figures. I'm also starting to dislike figures that don't transform into recognizable earthly forms ie. car, bike, plane, helicopter, etc. I just think "Robots in disguise" shouldn't transform into cybertronian jets or cybertronian tanks.

Sorry bout the rant, but i just wanted to hear other opinions, would appreciate it.

2. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i love my v. megatron.
    i dont have fallen. he looks weird.
    but i dont think that the big bad guys will want to be human tech.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I agree with you on the Fallen.

Megatron however, is all kinds of WIN in my book.

Green ? Afaik, most tanks are green, right ? It's a very military colour.

About the shape of the tank : it IS actually more 'down to earth' than you might think at first sight. Just watch this vid about near-future combat tanks
    of the USA : YouTube - U.S Army Future Combat Systems 40t Prototype Tank

Megatron's tank mode is very much like the US' future combat system tank : the low profile silhouette to decrease chances of getting hit. So, he's not so much Cybertron/Fantasy
    tank as people might think, afterall.

4. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    the fallen has a more of a commander karma to him...like shredder from TMNT....with all the ninjas ...

megs is awesome though...

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i agree with u about the fallen, he doesnt look like a TF, thats actually my first thought when i got him - he looks like an alien, not an alien robot.. but i still love the figure.. it looks exactly like he does in the movie, and it just looks very badass n cool.. so even though i dont feel he looks a true TF, i love the figure.. dont own voyager megs.. was put off by the color, and picked up leader megs instead.. might get the voyager too, coz although he's green, a lot of people seem to love the figure

6. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I love the Fallen, hes my fave voyager

And I dont even want to bother buying Voyager megs he looks like unicorn shit

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I actually really like Voyager Megatron. He's not the most amazing tf ever, but he is the best toy variation on the movie character. imo
    The green doesn't really get to me. Originally I thought it would, but for some reason I've been able to look past it.
    I also think he may have the best head sculpt of any of the movie toys. Just really nicely detailed.

As for the Fallen....Yeeeah, I'm not completely keen on him either. I think if he had an actual articulated neck, and maybe even a more screen accurate face sculpt, I might have liked him more.
    I even tried to like this figure, but I just can't get into it. He's really just "meh" for me.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron is awesome.

The Fallen sucks, IMHO. Hate the feet, the colors, and the size.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think The Fallen looks awesome but, I'm not to fond of Voyager Megs.

10. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

i love my voyager megs, im waiting on the fallen for the nemesis set unless they start selling the blue soundwave seperate. but honestly he looks like a beefed up bionicle.

11. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Just bought Voyager Megs today, and I freakin love him. The blade hand is great, there's plenty of posability, and the alt mode looks very nice. In fact, it's better than the Leader Class version IMO.

12. richyungsociety

richyungsociety Well-Known Member

Everyone made good points, thanks for your opinions

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like them both. I don't mind the colors because I am going to repaint them anyway. As for The Fallen, in jet mode, I have his feet angled up instead of the sides like in the pictures. I think he looks better that way.