opinions on vehicle modes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WheatiesBoy, May 18, 2007.

1. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

here, you voice your opinions on the transformers vehicle modes from G1 and the new live action movie. How do you feel about some changes? do you like them/hate them? w/e.

I love all of the vehicle modes in the new movie except a few.

Why is BumbleBee a fecking camero? He seriously should be a beetle man, Im not gonna lie.

Iron Hide is a truck thats ok, but he should have been a RED truck.

Blackout used to be a Anti-Aircraft Base, now he is an aircraft

oh well.

2. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Bumblebee won't be a beetle ever again, unless THAT company allows Hasbro.

Ironhide was once an elephant too. What's the matter of being a pick-up?
    Also, we had already 3 Ironhides as a truck before, and one of them was black.

[​IMG]

They used to call Blackout "Votex" who's orginally an attack helicopter.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thats where the problem comes in.

You take a VW Beetle and make it into a robot, it wouldnt even look remotely similar to the rest of the movie designs, it would also raise the problems of getting VW to agree to let them use the Beetle, which they seem to be very reluctant to do.

Ironhide as a red truck, how many bright red GMC Topkicks or even new-style trucks do you see driving around, not a very good disguise.

Blackout, he was a Helicopter in the Energon toyline IIRC.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Because Volkwagon has refused to allow Hasbro to use the Beetle several times in the past because they don't want to be involved in anything 'warlike' a long time ago i remember reading they were interested in letting them use it for the movie. I dunno how true that is, but if it is true I'm SO glad hasbro gave them the finger and used something else.

Who should have Ironhide been a RED truck? An answer besides 'he was red in G1' please. I've seen digibashes of Movie Ironhide in red and personally it looks like utter ass.

Blackout was also a Micromaster and Minicon before a Helicopter (first in Energon). Ironhide was also a Pickup truck in G2, an elephant in Beast wars, a pickup truck again in RiD and (God Forbid) a decepticon artillery unit in Micron Ledgend in Japan. Then he was a dune buggy Minicon in Armada and a truck in Energon. Change is in the wind my friend.

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

A greasy teenager goes to a garage to pick his first car and sees a VW Beetle next to a Camaro... Which one would he pick???
    The writers had to ask that question too and I agree with their answer.

6. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I thought the Elephant in BW was Armourhide? Eh.

Anyway, VW won't let Hasbro use the bettle, Red or Black both suit Ironhide and Blackout was a copter in Energon.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    this isnt G1, so there's no reason to expect them to have their G1 alt modes.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Why isn't Megatron a gun?
    Why doesn't Scorponock turn into a battlestation?
    Why is Frenzy not a micro-cassette?
    Where's Hot Rod?

I can't believe this is STILL going on. I came to grips with the idea that this is not G1 the first time I heard it. If I want a G1 movie I will watch the 86 film because it is good for what it is. I am going to see this because giant freaking robots are going to jack some stuff up!

9. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

honestly I'm glad that bumble bee isn't a bug, those cars are so ugly.

10. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

because a gun mode was the stupidest thing ever.

Everyone is going off about Energon and what not, I said in the first post that this is about the new up coming movie and G1. Not energon.

But Im glad with Megatrons new vehicle mode, I would have been pissed if he were a gun.:) 

11. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

This is a better arguement for the Camaro than any out there. Bravo.

12. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just thought I'd point out that every Dodge Ram I've ever seen have been bright red.

As it is though, I really like the designs, even moreso after seeing the new trailer. I'm used to various names being used on wildly different looking character designs, so none of this bothers me at all. I even like Primes mouth!

13. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

Bet you wouldnt call them ugly if you tried beating it in a sand dune race.....it might just kick your @ss I should know I use to have one.

And everyone needs to know some things about megatron so lets cut to the chase!

Megatron considers himself PERFECT, he WILL NOT choose an alt mode from earth..If anyone know's about ego's youll know that you wouldnt want to wear a different shirt if it was ugly. Am I right??

Most dont understand that apparently to megatron we are just bundles of useless atoms put together in a crude form of exsistance.

Now megatron however may be considered a jet, as you saw in the trailer he has jet thrusters on his feet, but he is cybertronian, therefore I would most likley consider megatron as a tripple changer I will tell you why.

He can change his alts, now he has 4-5 different modes. Hand to hand combat, transforming his arm into a cannon, double mace swinging with hands that detach to swing. Then youve got his hover mode, alt mode, and his battle mode, and his normal mode.

So when you put it into perspective megatron is neither jet nor a gun, he is a suppirior huminoid with the ability to bend his surroundings to his will.

As for BB being a beettle...will never happen in a liveaction movie...mabe japanese film makers may make their own one day, until then...no beettle.

And Im most pleased with the way they turned original megatrons mace idea into his hands connected t cables to sing them aroun like on. :thumb 

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I know your questions are to illustrate a point, pscoop (and I can't believe it's still going on either; the horse isn't just dead by now, it's rotted), but I simply have to answer them, since people do keep asking them. Just to let you know, this is not a dig at you d00d.
    Because Hasbro wouldn't be able to get away with a toy of it.
    Because he would be MASSIVE.
    Because he would be TINY. Also, because it's not the 80s any more, and next to no-one uses cassettes now.
    Who cares?

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pwwwwnt

Some of the crap from G1 just wouldn't work in a live action movie. I wish more people would realize it.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I hope ILD doesn't see that! I should have put more :lol 

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    QFAMFT!!!

I don't.

'Bout time someone said that.

I've actually never seen a red Ram in my life.

Ya know what, so do I!

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

The Beetle is a Volkswagon, and Volkswagon are German car makers, not Japanese.

Also, it depends on what part of the world said greasy kid goes into the car yard. When I was looking for my first car, there were no Camero's in sight and to be honest I wouldn't use one as cover in a gun fight.

I'd also like to point out that its possible, just remotely that the Volkswagon didn't want a bar of this film due to its war aspect for a good reason...could that possibly have been the Second World War in which Nazi Germany was responsible for the death of over 6 million people. And did Volkswagon not make vehicles for Nazi war machine? I'm guessing some of the folk at Volkswagon's higher management may well have been thinking that it isn't right for them to participate....I'd rather like to think its that rather than thinking the film isn't a money maker.

I'd say the same for BMW too since I think they made engines for the Luftwaffe (sp?) but since James Bond has been swanning around in a BMW I think they just made a poor call.

And its a real shame we don't have VW onboard, then we could have used they Veyron.....................Blurr anybody :tongue: 

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come to the U.S.

Guess what? The movie ISN'T G1! ZOMGWTFBBQ.

20. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

They didn't choose a Beetle because of Herbie. Everybody would think of him during the first part of the movie, while BB remains in car mode while doing un-car-like stuff. Would've kinda broken the mood.