opinions on cybertron brimstone

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, May 11, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, so i keep looking at him in the store, but he just seems to simple for a deluxe....whats your opinion on him?

2. zotmogronn

zotmogronn TIGER JAWS OF DEATH.

Love em.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's kinda lackluster. Boring transformation and so-so Robot Mode.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like him. His robot mode is a love it or hate it thing, but he's got articulated hands and a very different look to his robot mode. Tall and slender, that's not a look you see often and I feel it works on him.

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, man, here I have to go again. I've posted on this fig. at least 3 times now, but I'll happily do it again. My Brimstone sucks! The legs refuse to stay on the ball joints unless you have eternal patience and press them in as hard as you can while at the same time not breathing. Also, the colors are horrendous and the robot mode is rather lame. Then, again, I love Backstop, so go figure....Out of all the Cybertron stuff, I only regret buying Thundercracker and Brimstone (who I mostly got just to fill out the Jungle Planet). Wait for a BOGO (if they ever reappear) or a TF sale and save that money for Alts.!

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yep.

Robot mode is vaguely interesting due to the way it transforms, but that's about it.

Perhaps a bit too much kibble in beast mode. If the head wasn't so visible in alt mode, it would be a big improvement.

7. Triformis

Agreed.

8. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Can't really comment precisely on the Cybertron version, but I really like the Galaxy Force version (Terra Saver or whatever). Sure the transformation is really simple and his robot mode looks a little odd sometimes, but I think the toy's pretty decent. Nice poseability and a look that's different but not totally hideous. I'd say pick one up and see for yourself.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My feelings on it hasn't really changed since I posted in the feedback forum. Brimstone's robot mode is awesome...if you like the spindly type of frame (I think I mianly like it because it's so different). It's very well articulated, and had articulated hands too which is sweet. The head scuplt is great too. The dino mode is pretty craptacular with a massive head and weird body...yeah the transformation is stupidly simple, but the robot mode makes up for it IMO

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

When we first saw this figure, I said I would never get it. Then I saw it and I went on the fence and couldn't decide on it. Then when TRU had the spend $20 and get a free delux, I picked one up. I really like it. He is definately worth a purchase IMHO. If you like beasts, it is a definite must buy. Otherwise, I think that his bot mode is articulated and fun enough for even the person who like vehicle modes more.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's awesome IMO

Thought he was ugly as sin until I finally bought him.
    Turns out he's really fun and poseable in both modes and can almost transform him on the fly like Hotshot.
    Would've made a great Terrorcon comander.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He's the 4th best Cybertron deluxe:

1 Downshift
    2 Sideways
    3 Crosswise
    4 Brimstone

So..... He's awesome. Grab him without a second thought.

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    My puppy thought he was delicious......

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's decent. Bird mode is kinda ugly, but bot mode isn't so bad. When I saw the GF version at first I was going to pass on him, but it was the US name that made me get him. Best TF name ever. Plus it rounded out the beasts a bit. If you've got the space and cash, go for it.

15. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I like Brimstone the big wings kind of get in the way in bot mode but I like the ninja like headsculpt.

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I would love to get him...but I haven't seen any on the shelves lately.:/

17. Triformis

So, I'm guessing mine's just defective? As I have stated numerous times previously, the legs basically refuse to stay on the ball joints and it's highly irritating. If I do manage to get them shoved back on, I have to take extreme care in setting Brimstone down or they will pop off again. Am I alone here?

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like just a bad copy. Slap some clear nail polish on the balls and that should take care of it.

19. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    i like him alot actually. for ten dollars, even if he sucks, he'd be an acceptable loss.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Brimstone was a tad odd when I first picked him up, mine seems to suffer from loose spring syndrome; though if you're real careful the wing blade won't pop out unwanted.

His robot mode is great; and looks a far cry better than Energon Swoop who shared his basic beast form, though I don't have the Energon Dinobot to compare him with. He's not as complex as Transmetal Terrorsaur, but he's a fun unique figure who expands on the Jungle Planet collection; and I happen to dig Transformer Beasts, Dinosaurs the most.
    My one real complaint is really more for the sake of playability, but seriously even with the articulated hands Hasbro could have at least tried to give him a weapon; I mean sure his claws/talons could probably rend massive gouts in your Autobots armor, but a melee weapon of some kind would really enhance his ninja/samuraiesque look.