Opinions Needed First Edition Stascream or PRID Voyager Scream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, May 21, 2012.

?

Which is superior?

1. RID! (Voyager)

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. First Edition! (Deluxe)

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey Guys,

I am on the fence about whether to go for a first edition starscream or the new prid voyager starscream.At Walmart they have got the new one for $19.96 and I just can't decide,as I'm not sure which one would look better in my collection.I would really like yalls opinion and especially people who own both which they like best.So thanks guys.

PS.

I already got Bulkhead this weekend so no need to post telling me to get him instead.

2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    Why not both? That's what I did.

3. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I love the Voyager a lot more than the FE Deluxe. Don't get me wrong, the Deluxe is nice for what it is and it captures the essence nicely, but there's just something about the Voyager in hand that I fell in love with. The FED is definitely closer for scale with Megatron than the Voyager, but the Voyager's got a perfect face and I just like my Starscreams to be taller.

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Deluxe for me. Voyager just seems lanky and I don't like how his chest looks like it's dangling there.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    First Edition if you can find it at a reasonable price.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I have both. At first I thought the voyager may be less fragile to work with. Since the arms on the deluxe have somewhat fragile feeling tolerances.

The voyager kind of has ratchets in hips, But that transformation hinge feels looser than it should be. No waist movement on the voyager.

One nice feature about the light up gun. Is you can plug it into his backpack peg, and it can light up a section of starscreams chest.

The deluxe is still the clear winner for Articulation despite the voyager having functional wrists. I also like how the deluxe Makes a convincing fuselage Rocket backpack.

The deluxe is as show accurate as possible. While the Voyager is sculpted to intimidate.

Your not missing out on a lot of what the deluxe offers if you only can get the voyager. It can perform 90% of the arm and head poses the deluxe can.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Deluxe First Edition all the way.

The Voyager is an ugly, ungainly monstrosity.

I held out for the Voyager. But when I finally saw it in person, I said, no, fuck this, I need to buy the Deluxe. I paid more for the Deluxe than I would have for the Voyager, but it was worth it.

8. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I have both and prefer the Voyager. Much nicer head sculpt and has some other advantages over the FE as well. The FE does have a slightly cleaner looking alt mode ( at least on top) and scales better with other figs, especially the Decepticons, in robot mode. At $20 the Voyager is a steal as you probably won't find the deluxe for that cheap.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Personal Opinion. I'd say FE.

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    FE's better scaled, better color blocking, and doesn't have that rather pointless weapon.

Although i bought both in the end.

11. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Which version has the better alt mode? I didnt like how boxy the tail was in the fe. Is the voyager the same way?

12. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    FE

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    First Edition. Hell even with the Starscream from the BB/Starscream set is worth it despite it's tacky deco.

14. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FE for me all the way. The Voyager is OK, but I cannot get over how shitty the PRID voyager weapons are. I hate pretty much everything about them and they just detract from the figures themselves.

15. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    I have both, and I like both of them...I don't think you could go wrong with either version...One Starscream in your collection is better than zero Starscreams...and later on, if you have the means, you could pick up the FE and decide for yourself...I have a big problem with instant gratification...if I didn't have a Starscream already, I wouldn't have left the store without one, ya know?
    The transluscent purple on the voyager's arms doesn't even bother me as much as I thought it would...I was all ready to break out the paint and fix it right up, but he's been sitting on my desk for like 2 weeks now, and it bothers me less every time I look at him.
    My biggest complaints about the voyager would have to be the feet, and that stupid stupid turd of plastic they call his weapon...but for me personally, all that mech tech gimmick stuff is just pure garbage...I look past it though and try to remember that this stuff is made for like 8 year olds...the way the feet transform make for nice cankles, but at the same time make him a really stable figure...and we like stable figures here at Casa del ServO.
    The only thing I do not like about the FE is again, the feet. They are a bit too dainty for my liking on the FE version, and can make him a bit wobbly in certain poses.
    I guess if it was me, I'd nab a regular Voyager Starscream, and enjoy it for a while...it's a fun figure.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go for the first edition.

17. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First edition all the way! I found a voyager SS this morning, Looked at it and put it back.. Not my cup of tea!

18. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    another vote for both.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree with everything here. They are both solid, fun figures. I tend to lean toward the voyager a bit more cause I like larger figures, but the details in the FE are neat too.

As for the mechtech type weapons, just pop the springs out inside. The weapons remain fully transformable, and can stay transformed in the gun position. My SS actually stole prime's gun too. I like them more on him.

[​IMG]

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you have a buddy that can hook you up with FE Scream for what he's SUPPOSED to cost, Voyager kind of wins the game. Reason being, he's bigger for cheaper and good enough so that the Deluxe doesn't just stomp him out of the water. I really love his face and missiles, and there's always a little voice in the back of my head yelling that Starscream DESERVES to a be a Voyager, dammit.

However, I went with FE myself, cause I was able to snag it for cost (thanks Tekno!) and I like his chest, proportions, and size relative to other Decepticons better.

Also I'm actively trying to avoid Voyagers unless they are really good, because the "Powerizer" weapons are so effing awful. I don't want to do surgery in order to turn a featureless plastic block into a gun, and the LEDs don't even light them up. I only tolerate Megatron's because it looks like something from the show, and I can lock out the sword and leave it there.