Opinion: The Middleman on Syfy?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wondering what you think?
    The Middleman died a slow, obscure death at ABC Family, which lately hasn't really been family friendly anyway.
    "I had incredible sex and it killed my dad! wow, I'm only 12!" yeah, family friendly, just like The Waltons....

But this shiny clean, super intelligent show, which took M.I.B. and skooled it, seems like a nice show for the SyFy channel.

Do you think it would work? IMO, i like it better than You-Reek-A, (lol) and at the very least it could be a mid season filler.

I just hate falling in love with a refreshing series and weep at it not getting the support it deserves.
    The Middleman proves that you don't have to have BSG or SG-SG1/Atlantis to have a great show.

And gawd, i love watching it with my teen, "know it all" niece and showing her just how little she knows, lol. so many pop culture references....

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Ok, even though I like Eureka, I'll give you points for that one. :lol 

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd kill for more Middleman. I still can't believe ABC Family axed that but kept the un(intentionally)-funny super-religious Juno knock-off.

Of course, I'm probably expecting too much of a station that keeps airing new sequels to obscure 90s movies (really, did the world need a second Bring it On, much less five more?).

4. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I'd love to see more Middleman. It was just amazing. However, as stupid as this may sound, the whole name change thing makes it hard for me to trust the Sci-Fi Channel.

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I never got to see The Middleman but I heard good things. I'm actually liking Warehouse 13 myself.

6. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

The series is now out on DVD. Maybe if DVD sales are good, Syfy, or someone else might pick up the series.