Opinion on ebay/paypal dispute.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SureShot90, Nov 13, 2008.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Hi guys.

I need your opinion on this and what you would do. It doesn't involve a lot of money however it's the principle of the case I'd like to have reviewed.

October 15th I paid for a Defensor I won on eBay October 13th - I had some internet problem so I first got around paying the 15th.
    TRANSFORMERS DEFENSOR 98%COMPLETE - eBay (item 320309009523 end time Oct-13-08 10:28:02 PDT)

After 2weeks where I haven't recieved the figure, I contact the seller if he has shipped it yet, and if he could provide me with a tracking code. On the ebay listing it's listed to be shipped as an economy package and I know there's a tracking code on these, since I have recieved these types of packages from Spain before.

I get a reply back that's difficult to understand:

Hi ,
    The article, it must reach in a short time.
    I will post and you control information.
    A greeting xxx

This doesn't make much sense to me but anyway I decide to give it another week. However after a week nothing has arrived so I again contact the seller and asking for a tracking number, and this time I get this reply which is just as hard to figure out.

Hi ,
    I will ask for information in emails.
    But I do not think it takes a long time in coming.
    A greeting xxx

Okay !?! This is just as cryptic to me like the answer before...
    I decide if I haven't gotten it before nov.12th, I'd make a dispute because I won't wait any longer.
    Therefore yesterday I made a Paypal dispute writing this:

Hello
    October 15th I paid for this item (Defensor), however I still have not recieved it. Even upon several requests to be given a tracking number to see where the package is, this hasn't been supplied.
    You answered back that the item should arrive soon and you would check up on the package, but you have never replied back with any updates.
    I don't believe that it takes a month for a package sent from Spain to arrive to Denmark.
    Please report back with information upon where the package is as have been requested earlier.
    Sincerely
    Niels B. Pedersen

Today I get notified from Paypal about two replies from the seller, and this is what they say:

From Seller: xxxx xxxx xxxx on 11/13/2008 10:41 PST
    Hi Niels ,
    Please remove the PayPal claim.
    (Because I have my account blocked).
    Wait another week and if you have not received the article, I return you the money.
    (I am good EBAYER see my votes).
    Sometimes there are transportation problems and this I hurts me.
    A greeting Jose

From Seller: xxxx xxxx xxxx on 11/13/2008 10:14 PST
    Hi Niels ,
    I dont know because that you have not received the article (so long ago that sent you).
    Please, this has to be a transportation problem.
    If I returned the item, for any problem, I sent to you again.
    Hopefully a little more time, to see what the is problem .
    I am good eBayer.
    A greeting Jose

Okay, I know he has 100% feedback on eBay, but I'm really not feeling like cancelling the dispute at this moment, I'm not quite sure what he means by his account being blocked ?. All I wanted was to be supplied with a tracking number for the package so you could get to see where it is, or at least he could be so honest and tell it hasn't been sent as a package but perhaps a parcel and therefore no tracking number. I don't feel I get my question answered, and I don't feel like waiting much longer for the package.

What would you do ? would you agree to his terms and cancel the dispute and wait another week and hope he'll be honest and return you the money if the package doesn't arrive ?

Thank for your review on the case :) 

I'm an active eBayer and Paypal user and I rarely experience any problems. This dispute is my 3rd or 4th I've had during my whole active Paypal period (4years or so).

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Don't cancel the dispute. If it doesn't turn up, then you can't re-raise it again. Worst comes to the worst, you get your money back and the toy turns up. You can paypal him again. Job done.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Never cancel a dispute until you have a clear resolution one way or the other.
    EVER.

4. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea that's was also what I was thinking, so I'll keep the dispute open untill something arrives or he can document some shipping info.

5. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Yeah, you shouldn't cancel it, it will be a one way trip.

Also, seems like a great deal, less than $50 you got yourself a almost complete Defensor.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Word.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    paypal will hold the funds in the amount of the claim...example you pay $50 ..file claim...paypal will hold $50 until the claim gets figured out...by blocked...he might have not had enough $$$ to cover something he needed to pay for...if his account got properly blocked by paypal...the seller is doing some shady stuff...

I am in agreement...do not cancel the claim...

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't close the claim. And just reiterate that if he provides a tracking number for the item it will help but your mind at ease. I'm guessing it's sitting in customs so if he has a customs number he should be able to figure out what's going on. That's what I did when I sent a package to Italy.

9. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the input :)  :thumb  the dispute stays open. I've explained the seller that I'll close it when it get the figure in hand.
    I just got a package from Greece today and it only took 2days, so I don't believe Spain will take 10times as long in transit time...
    Also upon looking at his feedback I see that the pictures on the aution are reused from and earlier aution he had also with a Defensor but which got sold for more http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320299971123

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Well the rules state I think the seller has up to 7 days to ship so this must be factored, also every country has different export and import laws so you cant compare getting something from Greece to other countries. So waiting a couple weeks before making a claim I would say is getting a little excited for a international purchase. I never open a claim unless something has taken like almost a month as depending on were the shipment is coming from has a big impact, As things from Sinapaore take longer as customs always seems to pull them here in Canada. but things from the UK are always quick like 10 days. Also it depends how he shipped if it was like DHL or regular post from his location. Also did you request or pay for tracking? as if not maybe he did not purchase it so why would you assume its added? I think you are being a little hard on the guy if he has a good feedback but since the claim is open do not close it as it is correct you cant reopen it. I am trying to look at both sides and offer my 2 cents :) 

11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

He can go suck Mail NUTS! Anyone that has done business with Ebay/PayPal, knows how it works. He's yanking your crank.

I know there are a lot of International buyers and sellers here, but I'll never sell outside the US for this reason. All you good Buyers LOSE because of all the bad one's out there. Not my fault! I'm here to protect ME!

Don't cancel the Dispute 'till your item gets there.

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I sent an item to spain a few months back...it was a pain in the ass it was supposed to be in his hands within 14days and it took almost two months.

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Customs etc. shouldn't be a factor here. Spain (origin) and Denmark (destination) are both within the EU so good travel freely and aren't stopped.

14. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well as the auction stated the shipping would be as economy package, and I know these types of packages have a tracking label. I have gotten packages from Spain regularly and I haven't experienced one taking this long. Also I have waited a month in total combined, and the distances between Spain and Denmark aren't that hughe.
    Also what I'm asking the seller for is that tracking number, but he never replies to that, he could simply answer there is none or something like that.
    My last shipment from Spain I got within 3days from the shipping date, and since this isn't an international purchase there are no customs involved.
    I know things can take time, but I get suspecius when the seller won't answer my question regardsless of his feedback. :) 

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    well if you have asked him for the tracking several times and he keeps ducking it...1 of 2 things...
    1...he shipped it some totally cheap ass non trackable way, not familiar with Europe package standards and costs...
    2. he did not ship it...