Opimus Primal, Lio Convoy or Big Convoy: Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GrimlockDinobot, Sep 18, 2009.

1. GrimlockDinobot

GrimlockDinobot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey TFW2005,

I was looking at my beast wars collection and I was wondering which of the beast wars Primes would win in a one on one battle.

I think they are all loaded with tons of weapons even though they even have a different fighting style.

Lio Convoy Vs Big Convoy
    He has a ton on weapons as well as some great close combat weapons. I think he could win a long fight between big convoy. However Big Convoy could probably win in a short battle with his Big Gun and Uzi's. But once those run out I don't they he can match with the close combat weapons of lio convoy.

Lio Convoy Vs. Optimus Primal
    Primal would out match Lio with the flying battles. But i think they would be evenly matched with the close combat battles. However, even in Primal in minutes away from winning, he would give some speech about "not fighting a fellow maximal". And then Lio Convoy would give the final blow and knock out Primal...to say the least.

Optimus Primal Vs. Big Convoy.
    Hands down, big convoy would destroy Optimus...unless Big Convoy's big gun doesn't get jammed. But even if that happened, Primal would fight fair and use this twin swords and would probably fight a good fight...but Big Convoy would still fight dirty.

Who do you think?

Thanks

2. dragon21

dragon21 Active Member

Ebay:
    interesting :) 
    how we miss those beast.

for me beast wars and transformers cybertron is the best among all the series

movie is good, however too short for us to fall in love with the toys, thats why then people sell them cheaply.

Tigerhawk is one of my fav, too bad his live is too short, and they never revive him, like the revive others, specially megatron who is always come back like a bad penny :D :D :D 

3. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I guess Primal would win, because I've seen Beast Wars and he's a great strategist. I think he would be equal with Lio Convoy, and in the fight against Big Convoy he'll blow up his big gun then fair fight again.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Big Convoy.

First off, let's go over his weaponry. He has calf mounted double scythe missles that can double as hand held weapons. He has gatling guns on his hips. He has Tonfa's in his forearms, missle pods in his shoulders, and his Big Cannon (of DOOOOOM!). He is not only flight capable, he's space capable. He's highly skilled in virtually all forms of combat and strategies, highly resistant to damage, and has a beast (pun intended) of an alt mode. He's also an older Convoy, the veteran of many wars and a highly respected battlefield commander. He's given the difficult to impossible missions and succeeds.

Then let's go over some of his feats. He singlehandedly destroyed a Destron Command Fortress; when I say destroy, I mean destroy, he reduced the entire structure to rubble. He survived being in very close proximity to a sun, so close that most Transformers would've died (In fact, the entire episode was that it was a trap by the Destrons to kill him, except the trap went off without a problem and he still didn't die.). He also survived in extreme cold, near absolute zero. He has destroyed a planet in one shot from his Big Cannon. Let me say that again. He destroyed a planet, with one shot from his Big Cannon (which wasn't powered up with another object), to escape a Black Hole. In Beast Mode, he's near undamagable and is a battering ram of doom. He did get pwned by the Blendtrons in a surprise attack, but the Blendtrons are a pretty fierce foe (They took out both crews and Magmatron without a fight, among other feats), that he surivived at all, and later managed to hold his own against them is a pretty spectacular feat. Perhaps his crowning moment of awesome however was when he took on Unicron who was in control of planet Cybertron, forcing him out of the planet, then killing him by shooting him to death with the Big Cannon and his Matrix. He's not called "The One Man Army" for nothing; in fact, about 80% of the time in BWNeo, his role was to deux ex machina the plot when his crew got into trouble they couldn't handle, he'd swoop in, defeat all the Destrons by himself, then he and/or Vector Sigma would offer some words of advice/encouragement to the crew. In the manga, which was a different story/continuity, when Unicron was attempting to destroy Cybertron, the bulk of the Convoy Council bought it fighting him, but Big Convoy took Unicron on with Magmatrons sword and managed to kill Unicron with it, at the cost of his own life.

Lio Convoy isn't a slouch either, he's got some nifty feats under his belt as well, but I don't think he can compare to Big Convoy, and pretty much says as much to him in the final episode of BWNeo.

Primal is a good guy, but he's way out of his league here.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    As much as I love them all, Big Convoy.

He's big.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    None because They Both are Maximals and Leaders.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Big convoy, they don't call him the "one-man-army" for nothin

8. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    depends on which body Primal is in... if he's in Optimal Optimus, He and Big Convoy would smack Lio Prime down and it'll come come down to who can fight better between the two.

but any of his other bodies I'd say Primal will be about an even match for Lio Prime and would have trouble with Big Convoy.

9. dragon21

dragon21 Active Member

Ebay:
    I also choose Big Convoy :) 

10. KhaN

KhaN Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    close combat....lio convoy.

firepower big convoy

11. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

This.

12. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I dunno, maybe it depends on who has the most neon glowing burning courage? It is Japan after all...

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same here, my friend.

As for the topic, I say Big Convoy due to what Pravus Prime said.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Optimal Optimus. He'd step on Lio, and he's a better stratigist than Big Convoy. Big Convoy is vetern, but Optimal always seemed more adaptable.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I take it you've watched the whole BW Neo series then? Was that really one of the things LioConvoy said to Big Convoy in the last ep?

All this i have to agree with. Big Convoy is believably the most powerful Convoy, heck, the most powerful warrior, of the beast era! He really isn't called 'the One Man Army' for no reason! I personally could see him simply overwhelming LioConvoy and Primal with raw power and superior weaponry in physical combat. Though their Matrix-derived powers may more or less be equal (Primal had a matrix as well in Japan i believe).

The best chance LioConvoy or Primal might have at defeating Big Convoy is if they took him by surprise at close range. I suspect Big is more comfortable fighting with some distance when he can use his arsenal of shoulder-mounted missiles, leg-mounted launchable scythes and his Big canon. I think he only resorts to his close-range weapons (his tongfa sticks) when he has to, but even when up close and personal with opponents, Big Convoy has 'mammoth' strength! If Lio or Primal is sensible, they will avoid directly trying to wrestle Big Convoy.

Lio Convoy may have an advantage over Big in the speed and agility department. Big's mammoth size gives him power and force, but he can't be as fast and agile as a lion. Lio Convoy would have to avoid hits from Big consistently and be able to get close enough to use his Lio-claws. More than one slash may be required though, Big's armour can endure alot of damage.

Primal is probably the weakest physically of the three beast Convoys imo if we're talking about his first form. His transmetal and optimal bodies would give him some much needed improvement in combat. The main disadvantage Primal has compared to Lio and Big is that he doesn't have as much battlefield experience as them. Lio and Big are both war veterans. But Primal's main advantage possibly may lie in his ability to out-think and outwit the other two with 'outside the box' ideas. He'd have to have alot of luck on his side to beat Lio and Big i think.

In all, Big Convoy easily gets my vote to win out of the three beast Convoys.

16. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

My thoughts to the T.

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Optimus Primal, because sometimes crazy works.

18. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want to say Primal because BW Primal is my favorite TF character in any TF continuity, but I think he would have trouble with Big Convoy. If he was Optimal Optimus I think he could put up a good fight, but Big Convoy can outgun him. However, using the infamous "Batman and his time to plan scenario," I think Primal could win if he knew what he was up against. Then again, that could be the fanboy in me talking:lol 

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He blew up an entire planet!

I would like to say that Primal could outwit Lio and Big, but in all fairness, we saw how easily veteran war generals, Obsidian and Strika, routed him and his Maximals in Beast Machines (spark war part 1). He would need his OpOp body for its superior size and transmetal/prime-enhanced armor, but I suspect even that wouldn't be enough. Even when he was cutting loose, Dragon Megatron still gave him a beatdown.

Maybe BM Primal could turn Big's canon into a technorganic plant! LOL! Of course, he'd have to get awful close to pull that off. In the end, I think Big Convoy wins it out over both Primal and Lio. The guy is just a crazy powerhouse.

20. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Techno-organic Big Canon! Eee! No! The thought unsettles me somehow... I just hope Big Convoy didn't become a tecno-organic with the rest of Cybertron at the end of BM!

Y'know rather than pitting Primal, Lio and Big against one another, i'd say they'd make a very formidable team. Strategy, speed and power combined!