Heavy/Scratch: Operation: S.A.L.V.A.G.E #7 (Menasor!!!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

EDIT: Update (3/12/10) Go to post 6 for the latest pics of Menasor!

Yes, you heard right, it's Treadshot A1 trying his hand at yet another combiner. I got kinda stuck on Fallen's Force V2, so i decided to og salvage my old Menasor project and finish it. Sadly, my old Motormaster is lacking too many parts and could not be used again. I have to use a spare Inferno instead (sorry Hot Spot, get to you later... :(  )

For this version of the build, i'm scrapping Unicron altogether. I'll be using the arms of Primus like everyone, but cheat by using a Galaxy Force Metroplex for the frame. So, yeah, it's a cheat. Sue me.

For the longest time, the shoulder joints puzzled me. I asked around many many times, but unlike Ptitvite's Devs, no one seemed willing to give away the secrets to the Menasors they've built, at least not to me. And replicating the square peg that fits into Cyb. Optimus was too hard. So instead i resorted to two bots i wrecked for the original Fallen's Force: twin Treadbolts. Seen int he picture of the arm is the main wing assemly of Treadbolt with Wings removed, and one leg and one arm attached to the top. They will serve to connect to Drag Strip. The other end is the obligatory Primus arm, and i covered all the Milliput inside with some sheet styrene. This will then be attached permanently to Metroplex's lower arm, and Primus will provide lower arm articulation, while the should will be provided by Metro's arms, namely elbows and upper arm swivels. To the best of my knowledge, this will provide the full range of articulation for the arms, dare i say better than what i've seen elsewhere, at least in theory.

Also pictured are the three Stunticons i have done right now, Wildrider from ages past, Drag Strip being the obvious SE version, and Dead End which you will all recognize from the recent S.A.L.V.A.G.E thread on him.

Still working out the feet, i would use G1 Omega's feet, like FR used, but i'm completely and utterly out of pocket money right now, so i can't buy anything at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

hrm.. I am not totally sure what to think of this.. I am leaning toward not going to like it..
    is this going to be another combiner with the 4 smaller cars as shoulder and shin pads?
    Upon looking closer I already know the answer to that..

will, keep my eyes open.

3. Treadshot A1

Sadly, KnightConvoy struck the nail on the head: The 4 cars are 'shoulder and shin pads'. It's a cheat combiner, i'm fully aware of that, but i personally don't mind it, though i can see why others would.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Inherently there is nothing wrong with it as a form of modding
    personally I just feel there is too much of it going on.

I have seen a few too many examples around here of the shoulder pad combiners where for some reason the torso is 2-4 times the size it should be..

lke I said, will keep my eyes on it.

5. Treadshot A1

Hmm, fair points. To rectify said 'Shoulder and Shin pads' form of Modding, i'm trying to make Wildrider connect to the foot, so it's more of a "shin pad and foot" instead of just the former. Though that's not going well.

However, i have attached the first arm to the Metroplex frame. Pictured here with Motormaster and Wildrider (just a mock up, not actually attached yet).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Treadshot A1

W00t! I've finished building the framework behind this cheat gestalt!

Pictured here with 4 fo the 5 Stunticons attached, Wildrider's joint broke before photo shoot, fixing now.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Treadshot A1

Okay, now my $0 combiner has hit a snag: Because i have no money whatsoever left, i can't afford any more black paint, nor the Gestalt head. So, this is as far as this thing is going for the time being. But, i still think it's pretty great!

[​IMG]

I'll get back to this guy after i'm back from Hong Kong.

Attached Files:

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

well snap. this is going to be amazing.it already is.

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    looking good nice choice for breakdown as well

10. zonghui

zonghui Active Member

you should smooth out the putty at the armpits or cover them with fodder parts...

11. Treadshot A1

Darn, you noticed? Well, I will try to cover it with either styrene or maybe some spare car parts, so one way or another you won't see the putty in the end.

12. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Dude the detail work is pretty neat.