Heavy/Scratch: Operation: S.A.L.V.A.G.E #1 (Dead End)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Yes, celebrate! It's another one of those projects Treadshot never gets around to finishing! W00t! :lolol 

For those who don't know me, i happen to be someone who loses interest in something very quickly, so i have a lot of half-done projects from days gone by that are screwed up in some way, which i never finished. Some of which are still salvageable (hence the title).

Dead End (from Uni. Prowl) is one of them. I got started on him a long time ago when i was still quite new to this whole painting thing, with a mis-assembled knee joint which now can't be opened to fix due to said paint. I've also managed to lose the left door wing and the roof in the time that's gone by, leaving basically the front and back of the car intact but no middle. So i improvised a bit. And i quite like the results. Not exactly pretty, but meh, life's meaningless anyways. :D 

If anyone's interested, those yellow bits are the two half of DX Camaro BB's (the original, not BBBB) roof, glued together, and then glued to the hinge that originally connected to the regular roof. White windscreen is styrene sheet cut to size and glued in. As a bonus, it actually fits perfectly in robot mode, folding down to cover his back just right. Don't know what i'll do with the sides, since i only have one wing, so i'll probably just cover it with weaponry or something. Any suggestions you guys have are welcome, i'm stuck (and BB doors are nowhere to be seen...).

EDIT (24/11/10): Finished! W00t! Still debating the head, though. If anyone has casts of a good deluxe size Dead End head, pm me.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Prowl is still available for $9.99 at HTS, and if you spend $50 you get free shipping. And the code family2010 still works. GO DO IT!!

And i love that Ani Dead End. That's pretty much what i'm doing too.

3. Treadshot A1

HTS? Never heard of it, actually. What's the html?

And i like Ani. Dead End, too. Strangely enough he was bound for the scrap pile too, it was just lucky i didn't lose any part of him. ;)  He'll be the next Salvage project.

4. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

i have the upper half of uni prowl if you want to buy it from me... shoot me a pm...

5. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    HTS= Hasbrotoyshop.com
    Looks good.

6. Treadshot A1

Not really looking to buy any parts, but thanks for checking this out. :) 

Hmm, so that's the site. Too bad they don't ship to Australia... :( 
    -------------------------------------------
    His head's drying, once that's dry i'll update the OP with finished pics.

7. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

How is that finished? :sly2: 

8. Treadshot A1

Uh, I actually kinda like it as it is right now. Anyways, the final Menasor I'm working on will be very battle damaged as well, so the styles will mesh better with Dead End in it's current state.