2D Artwork: Operation: Photoshop

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by tehKOREANdude, Sep 4, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    This morning when I woke up, I thought to myself, "I WANNA TOUCH MAH SOUNDWAVE". So I touched him. Apparently when I touch things, they end up like this.

[​IMG]

So I took a pic of Soundwave. Found a picture of Cybertron from WFC, then Photoshopped.

First layer was the background. I free-transformed it and changed the perspective.

Layer 2 was the photo. I cropped it and tweaked it to get the colors all vibrant like.

Layer 3 was a textured layer. I set the black and white settings to the max, which brought out the nuisances and imperfections of the photo in a desirable way. I erased the textures covering the blue so I could still get the vibrancy, and left the grey bits textured.

Layer 4 was for effects, namely the glows. Added a purple glob of transparent paint, then defined the area with some solid white. Same with the visor.

Now, for a blast from the past, my very first attempt at Photoshop all the way back in 2009. ROTF Soundwave:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/244678-1st-photoshop-attempt-soundwave.html

Enjoy and leave feedback!

Attached Files:

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    So I was scrolling through the fan art forum, and I saw this glowing Soundwave.

And I said: "OOOOOOOOHH."

True story, it just happened.