Operation: Galactic Storm

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Predakwon, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone read this? I thought it was great but was there ever a particular incident that triggered the war? Or was it just like an age old rivalry. Couldn't find anything on wiki or comicvine. Thx

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Are you referring to Avengers - Operation : Galactic Storm?Yep, Operation Galactic Storm was a great read. I don't think there was any particular incident that triggered the war. I think Marvel realized they had two large alien empires in the Sh'iar and the Kree with worlds under their command that could provide interesting rivalry (especially given the Skrulls during that point were a non-threat after Galactus destroyed their planet) and basically used that as a point as to why they would end up in conflict with each other. Before that, it had always been the Kree and Skrulls at each others' necks.

3. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, the big early 90s Avengers crossover. I was just curious if it was stated in the crossover what was the main reason for the war. Thx

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The main reason, essentially, is that they were both large, expansionistic interstellar empires who no longer had the Skrulls to contend with (or other outside threats besides eachother), and decided the other side's territory looked pretty good.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has the series been collected in a tpb yet? I've been collecting trades on the major comic book events for the last few years and I always seem to overlook this event.

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
  7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much thanks! Yet another trade I will have to get. I was always curious on the storyline of that particular event.

8. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's two volumes. But for a mega cross over, this flowed very well and had a...different ending then most at the time. There needs to be a hardcover omnibus released for this.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I picked this up in single issues years ago - it's a great read. It's where I first met and rapidly fell in love with Quasar. I know Nova gets a lot of love these days, but Wendell will always be my favorite cosmic Marvel character (except for when Rachel Summers counts, of course).

10. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Is this the one where Iron man and Captain America have a fight? I remember in wizard around civil war they had an article that stated civil war was not the first time these two fought and there was at least one early 90's avengers cross over where they butted heads.

11. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They do argue, it resulted from events in Iron Man's Armor Wars I.