Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Sep 19, 2009.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

So I know many of us has got our sights on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and may have overlooked this game. Anywho, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is a different kind of shooter compared to Call of Duty. It focuses on a much larger environment, longer range gunfighting that what we're use to in COD, a less forgiving health system, and vehicular combat on a simulator(ish) scale.

In short, it's a more realistic FPS. Compared to the 1st Operation Flashpoint, the interface is more streamlined (thank god >.<) but I think that the combat will be as hardcore as it was before.

One thing I'm looking forward to in this game in the 4 player Co-op. Could get some guys, running through the field, 1 being a sniper giving covering fire while a LMG gunner is keep the enemy heads down while the other 2 finished them off. Or we all could get in a tank, 1 be driver, another gunner, and have 1 commander.

So talking about this stuff is good and all but no real fun unless I posted some videos. Here ya go!

Co-op trailer
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-cooperative-operation-flashpoint/55142

Multiplayer bloodshed
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video Game, Competitive Multiplayer Trailer | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Developer walkthough (part 1, make note that the poor lighting is because this is filmed through a camera)
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video Game, E3 09: Developer Walkthrough Pt. 1 (Cam) | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Edit: Heeeeeey, wasnt there suppose to be some way of getting these gametrailer videos actually posted on the forum?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i been kinda keepin an eye on it after you been talkin about it so much lol

looks like a cool game

i'll be tryin it

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, this game will be coming out next week. I'm a little on the fence about getting right away and I want to see more reviews of it first before blindly rushing in and buying it (like I would for Tom Clancy games, yah'huk!).

I hope that I don't spend too much time in this game walking from Point A to B; which was the case with ARMA: Combat Operations, a game made by the creators of the 1st Operation Flashpoint that played very similar to OF.

If it's any good, I'd love to tackle the campaign co-op style!

Extra edit!:

So as I'm stalking around gamefaqs. I founds me a link to the 1st 10 minutes of this game. I think its the PC version though, I'm not 100% sure and the website in some other language, but at least the video is streaming well!

Linky!
    http://www.insidegamer.nl/pc/operationflashpointdragonrising/videos/12147