2D Artwork: Operation: Dark Heart Teaser Poster #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Galvanitro, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    For the fan-movie coming in 2014, here's an awesome looking, almost industry grade, full-resolution teaser poster.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uhm, for industry grade full resolution..the image itself is pretty pixelated there--specially the background image, the cropping of the character is really jagged edged and the gun part has been accidentally marked off as well. Good design and all, but you may wish to go back in and tighten some of that up in your layers, and up the dpi/resolution there of your images.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I gotta agree with TFPrime here, as well as adding that the text at the top doesn't work well. The colors really compete for attention making the text hard to read. Your treatment of the text at the bottom is really nice.

I think this looks cool overall, and I hope you can use some of the advice to improve upon it and make it rock more :cool: 

4. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks for your feedback, guys. I tightened it up a bit, and took what you guys said into consideration. Original post is updated with the new image. (And for comparison the attachment is still the old one)

5. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't have the text at top be transparent at all, like S7 said, it competes with the other stuff going on all around it..When text is added to something you want it to be bold, stand out, draw attention to it. Let the image itself be the mystery. Let the text make it's point.

You also may want to delete the energy in front of him..your figure is all silhouette and having lightning in front would naturally produce light, or at least highlights.

The blurring looks better than the jagged edges did..But, now everything on that image outside of the text is blurry, the bolts, figure, background etc..Mix it up still..your character is the focal point..you can sharpen his edges to make him lift off the background there.