Operation: Bumblebee Part 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    not trying to be a dick, but how was the reference great if you didn't know who it was? not that I'm saying “omg he doesn't know bantor". just curious how you enjoyed the reference if you didn't quite get it.

anyway, Bantor was a Beast Wars Fuzor figure that was part mandrill, part tiger, and also was never on the show. just a cool nod to us old heads.

2. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess, but I just don't see it, raiding the Nemesis for four cubes because he needed extra energon for said army? Seems kinds risky for what it's worth. Anyways, since disbanding from the Decepticons, he has no way to mine, gather or locate new energon and without his t-cog, he won't be making any long travel trips any time soon..plus if we're making assumptions, then Megatron knowing about Starscream hiding energon deposits would mean he's cracked down on those as well.

Anyways, will wait and see and whatnot...MECH on its own will be doing a bit for the next few eps it seems, so no worry on what Starscream is up to

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I meant it was great because it was a Fuzors reference. Fuzors are the last thing you'd expect in Prime, right?

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But why was he doing it in the first place? He was gathering Energon for something.

I assume he only had a handful of cubes because, well, that's all he could carry. If he could have gotten away with more, wouldn't he have? Personally, I thought he went after the Energon on the Nemesis because he wouldn't have to do anything to it once he had it.

He can still locate Energon--he did lead MECH to a huge deposit.
    Quite possible...which would also explain why he's trying to replenish or buildup his stockpile.

Quite true, but I think we'll be finding out what he's up to in the episode after next, when he teams up with Airachnid, if I'm not mistaken. Cannot wait:D 

5. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    -It's been months since he last disappeared.. perhaps for himself not having any form of sustenance since 'Partners'.

-He's seen Energon cubes before, so he must have known how many he could carry before he attempted to get into the Nemesis..going out of the way for 4 energon cubes seems like something someone who is desperate for it would do, i.e. for his own survival

-He gave the make-up of energon to MECH when he showed them its liquid form, it was MECHs technology that allowed it to be tracked, unless I missed something.

-Oh wow, forgot about that. I've been so anxiously awaiting episode 8 I forgot that there's a 7 in between! Hopefully he doesn't remain pitiful and beaten for long, but because of what Blum told us earlier, it seems Starscream's in for some walloping

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    What's going on would be like giving Cave men an Ipad 3 and a week later they can duplicate it to the point where there version will hold a charge and run a single app via Wi-Fi.

Only that's not even a large enough technological gap, multiply that distance by millions and that's the obstacle humanity should have against Transformer technology.

It's one thing if we've got plot McGuffins or even unexplained hand-waving freak occurance, but that an outside entity can observe and duplicate in what is trying to be semi-serious is just going way too far.

7. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Since Megs knows there is still energon in the cave I guess wouldn't dare to came back there. And I think that if Starscream had any other hidden energon deposits he wouldn't degrade himself with teaming up with humans. Starscream said that he "lacks the means to locate energon" - if he had any secret stashes left he would surely remember their coordinates.

As for the army... IMHO at this point in the season Starscream doesn't really have any big schemes or long-lasting plans up his sleeve. So far we've only seen him struggling to get anything to eat and learning the hard way how to survive on his own. It's like cybertronian version of "The Ultimate Survival" with the 'ultimate' starting after right at the end of the last episode. Hopefully we won't get to see Starscream drinking his own piss.

If
    Airachnid
    is involved you can be sure that Screamer is in for some dignity-decay :<

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Wow...O///O Thanks to the TFP production for that pantie shot of Arcee. XD
    Ok, to the episode: I LOVE IT! And it has nothing to do with what I stated above. :p 
    Really love all the tension and action going on. I am sorry to say this but STARSCREAM TOTALLY DESERVED THAT!!! XD He has been a fool all this time and here is his reward. MECH sure is a scary team. O.O
    KnockOut leaking was pure gold. XD So..I am guessing the 13 left those weapons here too in case Unicron's return, right? That actually would work so much better than Prime just unleashing the Matrix. Then again the 13 Weapons can only be used by a Prime. :S I was imagining 13 Autobots wielding each. ^^'
    Cant wait for ...er..well, you know, 2 episodes from here. ;) 

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And? It´s a show about living , sentient robots from outer space. You already threw away most "realism" in the franchise.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...or this is when Takara Tomy exclusive Arms Micron's could help out. With the ability to merge and form into newer, bigger weapons, the weapons of the could transform into one mega weapon that Optimus Prime himself could use;) 

11. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Pics or didn't happen.

Yes I just said that. Problem?

12. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Is he talking about that one scene where Knockout finally pushes Arcee and Prime to the edge of the cliff and they show Arcee from kinda underneath as she realizes they're about to fall? lol.

But I second pics ;] xD

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It took me a while, but I finally got the chance to watch this episode. Overall I thought it was pretty good. I thought the ending was slightly abrupt, but they still did a good job with it. I liked the part where Silas took Starscream's T-cog, however we all know that Starscream is going to find another one. I think he'll take a Vehicon's T-cog. I thought that Ratchet was pretty funny while he was on anesthesia.

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Should I be worried that there are people asking for pics of Arcee's crotch?

15. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Hmm I don't know, maybe we were JOKING?

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

It's commenting on topics brought up in the podcast time!

The cliffhanger of Bumblebee literally falling off a cliff... being completely ignored in part 2. I had actually forgotten about that. I guess they covered it well resolving it off screen because we kinda knew Bumblebee was in no real danger. If they did it badly maybe I wouldn't have forgotten it even happened.

Another thing I forgot to mention, this is actually the first episode featuring M.E.C.H. that I didn't like. I think it's more to do with how well Bumblebee was played out in part 1 compared to part 2. I don't think M.E.C.H. was any less of a threat than they were before just overall episode was not as good.

I now wanna see Starscream kill an Erradicon just to take it's T-Cog and try to bargain with Ratchet again to implant it.

Fowler: Is there anyone who speaks English there? I don't speak bleep!
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think that's the actual line but you know what I'm talking about. First time in this series that I've liked Fowler.

Bumblebee's attack on M.E.C.H. normally it's Autobots don't harm humans but given the situation I think Bumblebee had good reason to have most likely killed or seriously injured several M.E.C.H. soldiers.

Apparently I need to re-watch the episode because I didn't even notice that Project Chimera moved. They said there was a finger twitch, something very subtle that I need to go back and look for. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else had not noticed it.

Miko's role in the show seems to have changed from throwing everyone into dangerous situations to delivering awkward one liners. I'm taking that as a good thing but she's still a horrible character.

17. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, there was a whole scene dedicated to Chimera moving, even showing the hand from a behind angle so you could see Mech standing in front of it.

Don't worry, give her some time. While this could be her development occurring, I just think she hasn't gotten the chance to be her usual self yet. (the Orion Pax eps, even she must have known how serious it was and Operation Bee, they seemed to be in the base talking to Ratchet for the most part)

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Do... that last line "Not the only thing Ratchet Repaired"... does that mean Bumblebees voice is coming back but hasn't recovered from surgery yet? Or did he ' repair his self confidence' or some shit like that?

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pizza delivery.

[​IMG]

20. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    He meant self confidence.