Operation: Bumblebee Part 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Unfortunately, when you follow that thought to its conclusion, you quickly realize that there is no need for Transformers to be in disguise at all. Poof, you just killed the franchise.

I strongly suspect that's why the series has taken a swing towards fantasy with sci-fi trappings, rather than the "super half-assed sci-fi" that it was before. Most of these technologies and artifacts are poorly understood, left behind by mysterious forebears. Their really awesome stuff like teleportation is finicky and poorly understood (the movie really got this right, whereas TFP's ground bridge is a little too convenient).

The Transformers are on like a Star Trek level...they aren't far ENOUGH ahead to be invulnerable. That's the way it's always been, even in Sunbow.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Not much of a fan of TFP MECH either, but I agree with your post regarding the technological disparities between the two species. Humans adapt quickly and are clever..but this plot having MECH building their own TF, it's not remotely realistic, not even in cartoonland. Now if they have the TF tech given to them or stolen as in MECH's case they can make great strides but they still would not be TF clever in using TF tech..(sure Starscream is helping with this--but I'm sure he withheld some important tidbits, that's just SS), but earth tech and labs cannot possibly compare to TF labs...not for many aeons to come.

3. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

well im assuming that since there are parts that they cannot duplicate, it follows that there are parts they can. how do you think they repair themselves? maybe they cant repair their biomechs like sparks tcogs or voiceboxes, but if their armor gets compromised or theres some faulty wiring or something, human tech would be just as effective. thats why they can pass for earth vehicles, the only thing that makes them advanced and different is their ability to utilize energon in complex bio-mechanisms.

which is why mech was able to get so far, the exoskeleton, the wiring, the joints etc are all able to be built be humans and be fairly servicable to transformers

4. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we should remember that that's the power of the Cybertronian civilization at its peak. But so far, the only amazing abilities of that the Cybertronians have displayed so far came from their physical attributes. Most of which they were born with.

If they still had that much power currently, why would they need to go on treasure hunts all over the planet? Why not just conquer the planet now? They seem to have lost most of their technology and resources. If they know how to build polarity gauntlets, nucleon cannons, energon harvesters, spark extractors etc., why aren't they making any? Maybe because they no longer know how. And maybe because they also no longer have the resources to make any.

Why does Megatron need to rely on all his schemes(dark energon) and salvaged WMD just to conquer earth? Why do they even need to hide? I would say, because he has nothing left. And because an entire planet is a big threat.

Mech on the other hand is on the rise. They have the resources and manpower of the planet. How do we know what they can and can't do when we don't know the specifics of their discoveries?

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Or they have stagnated to the point of being able to catch them up. But this being TFW cannot have it´s precious pet franchise being harmed by fleshy humans, right?

6. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I wonder if MECH will be able to find more energon mines and then process the energon without Starscream's help. It's a bit strange that the Autobots can't find shit, the Decepticons (as seen in "Faster, Stronger") struggle to find big energon deposits and here we have Starscream finding an enegron mine in 5 minutes using human equipment.

If Knockout can't find a big deposit using cybertronian technology how the hell can MECH find it (unless they are content with what they found already).

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's not forget about the Energon he allegedly stashed away for his own personal use?

How do we know Starscream wasn't f'ing with the Nemesis' ability to detect Energon? He was overseeing the process for at least three years, right--isn't that the time he was placed in charge during Megatron's absence?

Breakdown, apparently, has a hard time finding Energon/new power sources for Megatron--at least that was my impression after watching Stronger, Faster--Starscream just may have perfect recall for felled ships and plotted Energon deposits for when, you know, when he's down and out and on his own as he is now. His very existence may very well depend on his knowledge aquired while serving as Megatron's second officer.

What other secrets are he privy to that have yet to surface? Megatron was pretty pissed when Airachnid let him slip away. Surely these secrets are going to come back and bite Megatron in the @$$ sooner or later. ...or perhaps it'll be what helps Starscream wiggle himself back in to the Decepticon ranks again...maybe...

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting thought. I was wondering about the same thing. But I think there are ways in which Mech would be capable of something like that. Energon may come from Cybertron, but again I still think humans have an advantage on their planet.

-For one thing, humans have already surveyed large areas looking for minerals and other resources. They may have bypassed energon because they didnt' recognize it. But Mech may be able to use data collected by past mineral exploration, to compare with their data to find out areas where energon is more likely to be.

-Mech, being a group of humans would also have access to areas where Cybertronians would be too conspicuous.

-Mech may have a network of individuals in various areas of the globe ready and waiting for their orders to search for the energon. These people may also have resources and experience to search for rare minerals such as energon. Such an endeavor would be difficult for the few remaining Cybertronians on the planet.

-We have no knowledge of what type of technology Cybertronians use to find energon. But it may just be simple technology or an enhanced/refined version of what humans already have. If that's the case then Mech can easily surpass what the Cybertronians have with quantity.

-Mech may start developing new methods of finding energon given how much time and resources they seem to have.

-

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Starscream is a seeker. He is kinda competent in finding energon, even with limited means.

10. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream? I thought that idea was thrown out the window when he mentioned to MECH about how energon is needed in the first place and all that. Him trying to steal from the Nemesis kinda hinted that Starscream doesn't have any stashes of his own, or else he'd be up to his usual schemes without teaming up with people...but sure, I'll go with it if he does end up having random mines elsewhere

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Megatron say as much in Rock Bottom?

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    That...actually could be a good twist. Starscream never told Silas that a Spark is what really gives a Transformer life and sentience; Energon is simply the lifeblood. My theory is that he finds out that he needs a Spark in order for Project Chimera to come alive. Realizing that getting a Spark of a Transformer would be tough, he decides to use his own mind (or soul, whatever) to give Chimera life. He did say that a new world order was coming...he probably means that Transformers with human minds would be the new master race.

13. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I agree that u can explain it away tho. I don't know if this next thing was mentioned or not, but I don't feel like goin thru the whole thread; another oversight i noticed was in the previous episode, silas told starscream that they have enough research about transformers to "know where the soft spots are" then in this one, their guns have no effect on bumblebee until they shoot him w the electro-zappy gun thing

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Eric/Balder/Stygian, I want you to make this idea happen. Right. The f**k. Now.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I don't get why Starscream couldn't've escaped or fired back when MECH engaged on him.

I got a theory. His heels are made of 1000 lb plot steel. :p 

But the Fuzor reference was great. Was Ratchet Accually referencing a existing TF in a different franchise?

16. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Why his heels?

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    They weighed him down so he couldn't escape.

18. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one who feels this so called war isn't much of one. The Cons sometimes dont feel like much of threat despite their superior numbers and resources. Heck even in Masters and Students one Vehicon questioned Starscream about how can they take Earth with the Bots defending it, I mean seriously they are an army of hundreds or thousands(have the writers decided on a set number yet, which never decreases anyway) against 5 with limited resources living in a hand me down base. The Vehicons started out threatening in Darkness Rising when it was two on two vs Arcee and Bumblebee they were actually pushing those two hard until Bulkhead arrived forcing them to retreat because of the number advantage, after this though they became fodder easily losing in less than a minute. I know alot complain about the movies but a least the Cons came off threatening a competent in those in all those, like in Prime the Cons had the number and tech advantage and came close to defeating the Bots, the Bots only survived because the military was given them much needed assistance(something Prime will probably never do because how overpowered and indestructible the Bots are and incompetent and insuffient the Cons are).

I also agree about Starscreams bragging being out of place, and how it takes away the impact of CJ's death, but also lowers the Cons threat level as a whole. The writers could have avoided this mess by going the G1 and Beast Wars route, instead of one side having an army have both sides have about an even number of troops. We will probably never see a Vehicon kill an Autobot, unlike in Clone Wars where droids have managed to kill Jedi.

19. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't the cave in Rock Bottom mined out? Thought Megatron was just hinting at how sneaky Starscream is trying to be by having potential other energon sources hidden and unrecored. But that cave collapsed, so it's out of question and now, with Starscream trying to steal from the Nemesis, I think we're led to believe he doesn't have any energon of his own. It could also be a forgotten plot point and all that.. but we shall see.

Wrong thread, I know, but since the preview was this ep, wanted to throw it out there. Since Dreadwing comes next episode and is said to stay around for a good deal. Could he be the character that supposedly kicks the bucket? Just wonderin'. I've seen Tony Todd in a fair share of movies, I wonder how long the show can afford him

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cave, wasn't without Energon, Megatron unearthed some and showed it to Starscream. While the cave did collapse, the Energon deposits that remained would still be there.

Starscream did raid the Nemesis, but that doesn't mean isn't trying to increase his supply for future use, an army perhaps?