Operation Bumblebee Part 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Challenger, Mar 10, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Or legitimate complaints about bad writing?

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I can think of at least two statements that were hasty generalizations, both were by Leather Elbows.

I honestly think the show has many flaws which the writers should learn from in the near future. Although that doesn't stop me from enjoying the show. Everyone has the right to criticize, especially if they have legitimate statements to go along with it.

3. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    It's not like every moment of the show is badly written, far, far from, it's just there's been a few really dumb choices.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been giving this some thought lately, and I'm beginning to wonder if Cybertronians have a need for an immune system--yeah, we heard Optimus imply that Unicron has one, so assuming Cybertronians do isn't a stretch, but I wonder if it would reject organs as we've been discussing.

After seeing what has happened thus far in season one, and listening to Starscream explain Energon to MECH in the current season, I believe their is only one blood type on Cybertron: Energon. Energon is the fuel, blood and ammunition of all Cybertronians, regardless of their affiliation, according to Starscream.

When a transfusion is necessary and no Energon is readily available, any Cybertronian should be able to give to his/her fellow Cybertronian without issue.

I'm sure later episodes will give more insights to Energon, but I think it's looking less likely that Cybertronian innards are more different than they are similar.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do believe they might have immune systems since they have bio-weapons. When Optimus got infected by the plague he looked all messed up and infected, that's usually a sign of immune system isnt it?

Different is that Unicron's big body is so big his immune system is giant manta ray monsters.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    he doesn't nick his finger - his finger nicks his side. he basically stabs himself, and he bled all over the finger that did it.

7. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whatever
    my point was why wasn't Bumblebee bleeding when they took his tcog

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    This show is VERY inconsistent on what causes bleeding.

Basically the TFs only bleed when the plot calls for it.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Maybe removing that part doesn't cause a Cybertronian to bleed?

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Maybe the eletrict blast causes their energon to stop flowing.

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So SS nicking his side causes him to bleed but removing a huge ass part from BB same side doesn't cause him to bleed, not to mention the huge gaping hole left there.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    removing a gear vs slicing a gash in a metal part with stuff underneath.

like i make a battle robot for a robot fighting contest. i open it up to take out a gear. boom. no "leakage" apart from some oil. Now, in battle, someone wedges an axe into my guys hydraulics. liquid sprays everywhere. They have veins. removing a gear didnt knick one. Screamer stabbing himself did. Fairly clear

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, Mech's surgeon decided to add pressure on the Cybertronian 'veins' and 'arteries'. Maybe.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Which can really be applied to a lot of things - not only in TFP - but in many other shows when one looks for them. Not arguing with you, Split, just simply saying things always seem to work out for the plot. Need to detect something? Then have Bulkhead conveniently carry that handheld detecting device. Need something to go undetected? Just forget that device at the base (or completely forget about its existence). Need a human to ride in the Transformer? Convenient car-mode interior. Need them to transform? All of those seats and steering wheel and leather is gone, completely filled with robo-parts. Need to bleed? Nick your side and bleed out, displaying Energon. Need 'Bee's T-Cog? Surgical prowess by MECH leaves no Energon. I'm not saying that these are the best examples or can't be argued (because they probably can, as we've seen, there's dozens of fan theories), again, I'm just saying that nearly everything happens because the plot dictates it. Which...should that not be how it is?

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    great post tyler. also, have all the past series been logical at all to say the least? :lol 

16. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I think another option is that the writers/animators didn't want Bumblebee to be leaking the TF equivalent of blood all over the place in a kid's show. The kind of surgery that MECH conducted here would leave far more blood than what Arcee or Cliffjumper lost.

Of course, you have to remember that the Vehicons don't bleed at all, and they get all chewed up.

17. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Or eviscerated by Bulkhead!

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do some here equate water in the human body to that of Energon in Cybertronians? I don't--never did. I always assumed they were more metal, gears and wire than the Energon that keeps their sparks aflame.

We've seen Cybertronians for years getting slashed, stabbed and shot without them spilling out pools or even a drop of Energon, so why should they now?

The only time I recall Energon coming out of a Cybertronian in Prime is only when they've offered it up or were, beaten up pretty badly (as seen with Optimus Vs Megatron in last years season finale), or stabbed by Starscreams very sharp claws.

Question: did MECH cut the t-cog out of Bumblebee or unscrew some paneling and removed it? Didn't they leave Breakdown's outer shell hanging loose from his body and on the floor while checking him out?

It's been a while since I've seen Operation Breakdown, but I thought they were more careful with him than anything. They even took the time to give him an sedative or its equivalent so he wouldn't feel any pain.

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    On that bolded point alone, simply put, I think it's an attempt to make them feel more "alive". As you pointed out with your examples, it only seems to be shown when extreme beating is dished out, much like Bayformers. Not only that, but it adds a little something visually to the action scenes. Take the Unicron Trilogy; a character gets shot and it's basically like bullets dinging off of a metal slab. Or at the very least, a small 'poof' of smoke/explosion with visibly no damage (that probably has to do moreso with the animation and lack of portraying actual damage than plot purposes). Now, post-Bayformers, things like leaking fluids and spraying energon is a common sight. It's simply a change in the way that damaged is portrayed. I love that stuff. Makes it less "mindless machines punching each other" and more "living, breathing characters who are being injured".

20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looked like they were using a cutting tool of some kind to cut Bumblebee open to get at the t-cog. As for Breakdown, they opened up his chest, but the panels were still attached.