Opening part to a very special project

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by whiskeytango, Aug 21, 2009.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Opening scene of Autobot campaign

Why hello there. Thanks for looking here. I'm currently in school for video game programming and am working on something that I think any Trans fan who is also a gamer would be pretty crazy about. Enough about that for now though. What I have here for you is a small part of what is part of the larger story. Hope you enjoy.

"Professor Jetstream? Why do you thin..."

Hearing his name, the old bot turned away from the holo-files he was working on, seemingly already knowing who was addressing him.

"Flareup...", he interuptted the young bot, "... I do believe the class, and that includes yourself, has a very challenging project that is due by the end of this session. Perhaps the question you should be asking is 'Do I really have the time to be bothering the Professor?', not whatever your over active processor has just conjured up."

Unsurprisingly to those watching, Flareup continued on with her intended question.

"Why do you think the 'Decepticons'...", it was interesting that she had said the word as though it held no power, like she was doubtful of the veracity of its existense, "... really started these attacks? I simply can't truly believe that its because they thought things were so bad that the only way they could be heard was this open murder and terrorizing."

It seemed the only way that Jetstream could begin his rebuttal was with a sigh, "Is that so? Well, let me ask you a question then, young one. Have you ever been to the slums in Kaon, or Polyhexs' Dead End? Have you ever worked a cycle in the energon mines, or in the factories of The Tagan Heights?"

"Well... well I..."

"I thought not.", Jetstream continued, now addressing the whole class, "While much of society here in Protihex has prospered, the last many cycles have not been so kind to all bots here on Cybertron. There are many who have suffered under the excessive taxation of some regions, and were struggling simply to survive. Were any of you aware that the day that He committed his first murder, which many now believe was most likely in self defense, was the same day that the late Senator Decimus went to the mines to inform the workers there that they were to have their livelihood stripped from them as their jobs were taken over by automated drones? That is a fact that wasn't as widely reported on the holo-feeds". The old bot begun to pace back and forth, speaking as much to himself now as his students, "Furthermore, this most likely this wasn't even a necessary measure, and the extra credits would probably only be going to further fill the senators personal coffers. We already know from the Autobots investigation into the Senate that many of them were quite... unscrupulous, that it could even be seen as a blessing that we are rid of them now, from a certain point of view."

At this last statement, the entire class seemed to let a gasp escape their vocal processors, and of course, Flareup was the first to speak up.

"Sir! You sound like a Decepticon!"

This gave Jetstream visual pause, and he seemed to speak more carefully as he continued, "That is a very serious thing to say, Flareup. The point, however, remains. Can you refute that we are now lead by a more reputable, more honorable system than we were under the Senate?"

"Well, I certainly don't think...", the young bot was interupted by the door flashing open and one of her peers stepping in.

"Jetstream...", the newly arrived diminutive bot said in an eerily detached voice.

The professor turned to face him, "Why Chase, how kind of you to finally join us. Let me remind you, young one, that you must address me as 'Sir' or 'Prof..."

The small red bot cut him off before he could finish, "... Megatron says 'hello'...". Without another word, a blaster popped out from a hidden compartment on his side, which he promptly used to burn a hole through Jetstreams head, directly between the optics.

Turning to look up at the security camera as the class screamed in horror, Chase spoke again in his distant voice as he dropped the blaster and pulled out a small remote with a single button , "... Decepticons Prevail..."

Notable for her intiative, Flareup recognized what Chase held and began to scream, "EVERYBODY GET DOW...", but her sentence was never finished, cut off by a terrible explosion as Chase pushed that single button, and the screen went dead.

Part 2 to follow.

2. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Part 2:

Though he knew it was a useless sentiment, Zeta Prime couldn't help but leap from his chair and reach for the screen. He stood there motionless for what seemed like a deca-cycle, before slumping back down, his head in his hands. When he finally spoke, it was in the smallest voice any had ever heard utter forth from a Prime.

"They were only protoforms..."

Standing at his side, Prowl had remained quiet, daring not to speak until he was sure the new Prime would truly be listening. "Sir, Protihex has been a staunch supporter of our cause, and many of our newest recruits have been from its academy. It was a logical target."

Prowl spoke this last sentence with a certain hesitance. Though Zeta had retained Prowls position as second in command, Prowl felt as if he was on somewhat shaky ground, and was still taking stock of the new Leader. One thing of which Prowl was certain, was that Zeta Prime was no Sentinel Prime, though he wasn't sure if this was a blessing or a curse. Sentinel had been reckless in his disregard for the growing threat that Megatron had represented, and in the end, he had paid dearly for it. It was yet to be seen if Zeta would suffer similiar mistakes, or learn from those of his predecessor.

However, Prowl had barely a moment to consider this, as Zeta Prime was on his feet and in his face faster than he would have thought possible.

"Logical?! Tell me Prowl, what is logical about a student strapping a bomb on and blowing himself up, along with half the slagging school?!"

To his credit, Prowl stood his ground, and continued his assesment, "The bomber, Chase, had no previous record. We believe that he was under the influence of a cerebro-shell program, much like the ones we found in the processors of the bombers from the racetracks. Jetfire has been working on cracking it, but the source code is practically indecipherable. All he is finding is a signature..."

Zeta Prime knew who had signed it without Prowl having to tell him explicitly, "Bombshell... " he said to himself, "... what drives a bot to such atrocities?"

"Well sir... such attacks have been very effective. That is, if their desired effect was to grind our recruiment to a halt. Many are now too fearful to show themselves, let alone come out and declare their allegiance to the Autobots."

Zeta seemed to consider this for a moment, before turning away, speaking with a cold tone "... Thank you for the report Prowl. Continue your investigation, and please, see to it that the victims are given a proper burial."

"Sir... theres nothing left to..."

"Prowl, see to it. You are dismissed." Zeta didn't even turn to salute him.

Prowl gave a stern salute, and stalked from the room. Out in the hall, Kup was waiting for him.

The vetern took the spark-plug from his mouth long enough to ask, "So? Whats the plan?"

Prowl could only grimace at his mentor, and practically snarled his response. "Plan? What plan? All he told me to do was to continue the investigation and bury the victims."

Kup simply walked beside him, listening as he continued, "He didn't give me any specific orders... I wish Sentinel was still alive, at least he was a bot of action in times of crisis. Zeta is just sitting in there, doing nothing".

The old bot put his hand on Prowls shoulder to stop him, and looked right into his optics, "Sentinel and Zeta are two very different bots, Prowl. Sentinel was reckless, and you see where it got him. Furthermore, who are we to question a Prime? Have you forgotten all that is his to watch over and protect? I can understand him taking his time in considering a situation, and I don't envy him the choices he has to make. Heavy lies the head, lad. Heavy lies the head..."

Prowl sighed, knowing that Kup was right. He gave a terse nod, and they continued silently down the hallway to the briefing room where many Autobots awaited their orders, eager for a vengeful order that Prowl was unable to issue.

Back in his quarters, Zeta Prime had collapsed back into his chair, and restarted the record of the bombing.

His frame began to shutter as he watched these promising young sparks go about their tasks, never knowing they were living in their final moments.

"They were only protoforms..."

3. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WOW! Hope there is more where this came from!

4. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Hey thanks man. Notice I've got quite a few views on this. Anyone else have an opinion?

5. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    quite an interesting story u got there! :D