Opened boxes...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave16, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Shockwave16

Shockwave16 Banned

I went to K-mart today and saw a DOTM voyager Optimus Prime and his box was opened. the figure itself was missing it's head, gun, and other parts. Anything like this ever happened to you?

I apologize if there's another thread like this one.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Looks like someone has stolen parts. Shit like this happens unfortunately, but I haven't seen something like this before. They are normally put in a rejects/clearance bin.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I see it all the time at Marshalls.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This. but one in as bad of condition as in the original post will likely be yanked off the shelf as soon as the staff id aware of it and marked as a loss as it would be considered in unsaleable condition.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the 80's before toy companies started going crazy with all the tie-downs.

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this seems to be a rather common thing more so in the US the the UK but I think my theory works both ways. As some fool who works in the inventory and operations side of a smallish retail store I can see how this will happen and how it will end.

1 parts get taken.
    2 when a staff member does see it they will take it to the back since it wont sell and damaged goods make the place look bad.
    3 it will sit in the back for about a year maybe more depending on the processes the store has.
    4 at some point the company will recall all unsold stock that's considered to be good condition to re-sell in bulk to a value store or back to a distributor.
    5 At this point they will just box it up and ship it back
    6 head office will clearly not accept the broken toy and will charge back the cost to the store
    7 store will take the hit but so one as its a rare thing to happen they wont care

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

that's based on the assumption store workers actually know anything about the toys (or any other goods) and care that it looks bad for the company/hurt company profit.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, this is either a Return that shouldn't have happened or an outright theft. No real saying which, but still unfortunate.

9. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  10. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

ive senn this with a cople of dluxeses a tfp ratchet and a tf p bee boyh had missing wepons