Open and Play Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Spence, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked him up at TFCon and after having him for a few days, I would say the plastic quality is not up to par with some of the upper tier third party MP releases, or Takara's MP line. That isn't to attack the figure because I do think it is a massive step up from the Titans Return Galvatron. There is noticeably fewer hollow areas, sculpt improvements galore, and great ratchets. But the plastic itself is fairly light.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've heard people say it's not quite MP, but it's better than Hasbro. Especially CW. (TR stepped up its game, but wasn't leaps and bounds better than CW in terms of plastic quality.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Also, I mean...

IMG_2974.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  4. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece and 3P collector

News Credits:
    This will be my Galvatron. Especially my positive experience with their Big Spring.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

The plastic quality is the one reason I didn't pick him up at TFCon. He felt sturdy and much better than the TR version, but he'd just end up being a placeholder for me. At $50, I would probably pick him up over the other 3P versions if I was in the market for an MP Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I would be fine with this figure as my MP Galvatron, as I dont have a problem with KOs or mixing in combiner wars bots. So a dirt cheap MP Galvatron I am happy to take!

I hope this available for purchase or preorder somewhere soon!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 5
  8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I hated this at first, but seeing these new pics, I think I could be MP satisfied with it. The price is definitely right.

9. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

If this was the only modern Galvatron toy in existence I would be so stoked. It's not though.

10. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Better than beatings from Daddy ;)

News Credits:
    Having just got Big Spring I'll be in for this. More than sufficient and absolutely a bargain.

11. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    You know, I'm forced to agree. At first, I was wholly disappointed at the reveal and the apparent quality of the figure, but as MP prices swing all over the place, I think Open & Play has hit an excellent niche - Intro/Budget 3P MP. That's a cool place to be, and I wholly respect them for that. While I suppose we can't always expect a Big Spring from them, I'm really excited that there's a company out there that is giving people options to fill holes in their collection without forcing them into bankruptcy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Naroki

Naroki Well-Known Member

Not only a price point is their selling point, also simple to transform and easy to play with.
    This will not be my MP Galvatron on my display shelf. but I know this is Galvatron on my desk to mess with.
    This is why people love CHUG and CHUG still continue though MP line was more high quality.
    Still waiting for retail price.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The more I think about this the more I'm leaning towards pass. If Big Spring is any indication then the final version will likely add around $30 to the convention price to cover a box. A box I'm going to throw in the trash as soon as I get it.

If it was $50+shipping and just came in a bag I would be completely down for it. I'm not paying $30 or more for a box.
    At $50 I can overlook the treads in alt mode and the small hands. At $80 I cant, especially not when I'm already $100 deep into TR Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Spring's box was nothing more than a thin shoebox. Spring was $75 At convention and $68 online.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Really? So $68 and then US retailers threw an extra $10 plus shipping. $65-ish would be nice for Galvatron if they follow that idea. I didn't know Springer was that much more expensive, I guess he does have to factor in more moving parts.

16. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

It was an original design too right? I know this is a pretty extensive remold and upsize, but at least they didn't have to design the transformation. Hopefully that means it will be cheaper for us

17. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This guy definitely doesn't deserve the same price tag as Big Spring for the reasons @autobot prowl mentions above. This guy doesn't feel nearly as solid as Big Spring in my opinion.

Also remember the reason why they were priced so cheaply at the TFcons was because Open and Play was selling directly (and without packaging). Retailers obviously need to make something on it so that's why there's a price bump. I think at $60 it's a fair price but $70+ makes it much harder to recommend.

~Paik

• Like Like x 3
  18. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I know I'm biased by liking this product, but I feel like we should wait until actual pricing is announced before we collectively decide we're out because of it.

That said, I'm all for personal lines in the sand. Don't pay more for this (or anything) than you feel it's worth.

• Like Like x 3
  19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

If it turns out to be $70 or below I will be happy. A few years ago it was normal for a 3rd party deluxe to be over $100 so a leader sized figure that is below that seems more than fair. I'm sure places like Aliexpress will have some good deals. Would be funny if the full retail release has some variations to make it different, maybe some extra accessories?

20. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Arise...K.O-vatron...
    Comb13102017091328.jpg

• Like Like x 1