Open and Play Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Spence, Sep 21, 2017.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, depends on your perspective, like I said in a chug focused collection he will go almost perfectly with the new rodimus prime

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lord Jinnai

Lord Jinnai Well-Known Member

All I want to know now is where can I get one or when is he going to be officially released :) 

3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Probably won't hear jack until the 8th.

I want it now!

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. I'd be out of the running if it hits that price point. He's a nice figure, but he's not $80.00 nice.

If I could get him in a box, shipped for that price, I'd be willing to go $65.00 at most. I won't go above that, however.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice figure and I'm glad Peaugh posted a video of it, so I could see what modifications they did to the TR mold while knocking it off, but that's just it... It's a well made, but oversized knockoff. It's not quite MP level and its aesthetic is more CHUG like (which is where it would be going in my collection, since I have DX9 Tyrant, and I need a LC to go up against my upcoming POTP LC Rodimus) so I can't see myself paying MP or 3rd party CHUG prices for this guy.

I know people will point out that people like me will spend more to get a Hasbro release, early, or to get one at all, but that's the thing... Hasbro stuff (especially the popular stuff) tends to sell out fast or in some cases never come out at all, so you kind of have to pay a bit extra to get them. Whereas this guy will be mass produced and will be pretty readily available and 3rd party aftermarket pricing tends to skew lower, not higher, so I just can't find a good reason to spend more than $50.00 on this guy. (Paying for shipping, a person's effort, of course, but the figure itself, Nah.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's Deluxe Hot Rod. He's the chest of the Leader Class. Look up other pictures of POTP Rodimus Prime, he's nearly O&P scale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Your right, sorry bout that.

7. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Better than beatings from Daddy ;)

News Credits:
    If this stays at a low enough price then I will get this as a stand in until TT do an actual masterpiece. This looks good, it's a good size, simple and intuitive transformation, updated and decent headsculpt, and a competitive price. I'm down for supporting this.

8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Not dismissing you at all. Just saying we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I'm interested in this, but I wish they made a certain that was around or exactly the save size as the original TR version. I REALLY want a decent CHUG Galvatron, and Leader Class doesn't always cut in with that aesthetic for me.

However, the 50 dollar price is very tempting and I'll probably get one of SirToys stocks them.

11. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

If it comes out in the $70 + shipping range I will have to wait. It looks fun, but not a must have, must be now kinda thing. Guess we will see

12. C16

C16 Space Nomad

It's actually likely to be quite a bit larger than a Deluxe. Orion Pax was on a table with all the Dinobots and he was significantly larger than the Dinobots, pretty close to Grimlock actually.

13. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to buy Prime just for Pax.

14. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

Man! He would have been perfect for my CHUG collection if he was a voyager. I already have Fans Toys Galvatron for my MP collection.

I love the simple transformation for my Chug toys. That way I can quickly fiddle around with them. Also those clicking sounds for Peauge's video r so satisfying!

15. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

At first I thought what the heck is this..lol but after watching the video review from Peaugh I realize what Open and Play went for not only is it a nice upscale and improvements over the Titians return mold. But it seems like its a figure not ment to be MP at all but a figure that you will have fun with basically.

• Like Like x 1
  16. C16

C16 Space Nomad

See, that's my dilemma. I like that Rodimus is going to be bigger than a Deluxe because if he's big enough, he'll scale well with Classics Optimus Prime, have a trailer and I can just ignore the combined mode and treat him as Rodimus Prime.

On the other hand, that size is too big for Orion Pax for me, plus his alt mode doesn't make and sense for him, and looks terrible.

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    And a stand in for xtb abaddon or sovereign reisuse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. optimuslivs4evr

optimuslivs4evr Well-Known Member

After watching peaugh's review I've decided to get this and I went back and picked up their springer. I have sovereign on my mp shelf but I really like to have some figures I can take around with me and just fiddle with. I keep my hot rod in my car and I would love some more ssn 3 bots from open play. TR is just too simple or not satisfying enough for me to enjoy messing with but my mps are too expensive to risk with constant use. I think these will hit the sweet spot for me.

19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Toys that are fun? What a concept.

• Like Like x 3
  20. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw Baltmatrix's review for this. I'm convinced that I'm going to get it as soon as it becomes available in my area.

The relative simplicity and price are big pluses for me. I really hate the unnecessary complexity of some recent 3rd party figures.

• Like Like x 2