OP 25th Anniversary MTMTE DVD - The Secret Return of G2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hockeygamer40, Nov 1, 2008.

1. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Just picked up the new Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary pack.

After watching the included DVD of MTMTE, I realized during the end of the 2nd act (episode) and especially during the 3rd act (episode) that ...

The sound and music was taken from the Generation 2 archived version of MTMTE while the picture did not show the Cybertron Space cube.

I could hear the cube blips and turns all over the place, while the picture did not show the cube itself.

I always loved the G2 version because it fixed some animation errors and -- during the struggle between Optimus and Megatron at the power plant -- they had close ups of Optimus and Megatron during an important battle.

So how did we end up with a G2 soundtrack (with awfully fake stereo at times) with a G1 picture? When can we get a G2 version?

Finally, is the movie taken from Rhino's release or was it put together separately from them? It seemd dirtier than my copy from Kid Rhino.

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    seriously? the cybernet spacecube sounds?!?! One more reason to spend $70 on U Onslaught, Powerglide and Silverbolt INSTEAD of 25th prime.

3. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
    Yep, they are there. I was wondering if I was hearing strange noises during the 1st act (episode). By the end of the 2nd, I was a believer.

Although Rhino's version had juiced up sound, I preferred its track over this one's track (despite having the cybernet spacecube sounds!).

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really? ew.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Possible reason: When Hasbro bought back the rights to the Sunbow catalogue from TV Loonland, they only had the Kid Rhino soundtrack. Previously, all G1 DVD sets officially licensed from Loonland had the same audio track as the Kid Rhino G1 set released in the US, yes, that means stupid sound effects Magno Sound & Video inserted into the dolby track and later claimed the sounds were always there because our TVs in the 80s were too shit to hear them. Liars.

So it's possible that this SIZZLE-laden audio track is all that TV Loonland had on hand, so Hasbro had to use the Generation 2 soundtrack which didn't have the sizzles and KACHOW RATTTATATATAT sound effects.

6. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
    I think I'll stick with the Kid Rhino one because the extra sound effects made better sense than the now seemingly "random" cube noises.

I always liked the G2 version of MTMTE better but it's annoying when trying to watch the original G1 version.