Oops- Critics no like Rosie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jun 30, 2011.

1. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

I liked the bit in the white house. "Hey, whats up, I got a medal"

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why am I not surprised?

And no, she wasn't that bad. I honestly thought she was an improvement over Megan, acting wise.

3. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how some many people on this board think she was better than, Fox. She was flat out bad. Her acting was very wooden and vacant. I felt she was just a pretty girl just following Sam around. Megan had presence and spunk. I didn't see Carly doing anything but standing around looking like she is about to pose for Victoria's secret. Aside from that one thing out of her character at the end, she did nothing.

Megan Fox did a lot more than her character ever would. Mikaela dropped everything to be with Sam. Would Carly do that? I don't think so, she was having a problem when Sam was doing his mission. Mikaela was hotter and a better girlfriend. I don't where this crap about Mikaela being a bitch came from. She is not a bitch and Rosie seemed so fake with her nice act. Her acting was terrible.

Some pointers I wanted to compare to both girlfriends of Sam

Carly:
    -Called Megatron a bitch, I didn't buy her character would do that for a second. It felt so damn forced.
    -Looked good in the movie. I find it funny she was cute in the movie but out of it I don't find her attractive.
    -Had a good career with a sleazy boss.

Mikaela:
    -Helped Bumblebee out and drove him to take out Brawl
    -Helped Frenzy off Sam and owned him
    -Interrogated Wheelie
    -Interested in the Autobots
    -Dropped everything to be Sam, Which is lot, don't see how she is a bitch.
    -Tough
    -Destroyed the pretender bot.
    -Brave
    -Independent.

4. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

She was absolutely a step up from Megan Fox and the movie was better for it. She definitely had her eye candy moments, but she was also a believable reason for Sam to grow up, and begin to serious considering what impact chasing danger with the Autobots could have on his life, beyond missing college parties or a web date. I liked her.

I'm convinced many of the critics are still insulted that they're having to review a film based on "children's toys", so this is par for the course.

They do the same thing with comic book adaptations too, unless they're The Dark Knight.

5. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

Different characters. Different motivations. Mikaela helped her father hot wire stolen cars, so she wasn't new to dangerous situations. Carly appeared from a upper middle class/wealthy background and only knew danger from the loss of her brother in combat. Mikaela was gung ho to drive Bumblebee through a war zone because of her past, Carly had to fight off an emotional breakdown to even approach Megatron because of hers.

The characters are both interesting concept wise, but Rosie's just came off as better acted.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    She was better than Megan by a lot. Critics have it out for our franchise.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

liked her better then fox, but she did basically do nothing the whole movie except be there to be the hot girlfriend :lol