Onslaught: Universe or Henkei

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Counterpunch?, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Question for all out there who are considering getting the Henkei Onslaught...

At this point, do you think the difference in the two will be worth importing the toy? Initial pictures of Universe Onslaught showed him in a far more bright 'Police' blue. Now that we have him, he seems to be more in the drab colors that the Henkei one promised.

With only that one poor picture of the Henkei Onslaught (that I know of), is he going to be different enough to bother with buying the variation?

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I think the Henkei version is gonna have a more varied color scheme to match his G1 counterpart, while the Hasbro version resembles the old toy....or are both the toy and character the same color?

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The picture we've seen makes it seem like the only real difference is that one color (plus some random chrome on the Henkei version, of course). It doesn't really seem worth the extra cost of importing for such a minor difference (as opposed to Powerglide, who is radically different from his Hasbro release).

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    That's what I'm thinking, especially since the Universe release ended up in final product form with far more "Old School" colors than I expected.

The chrome means nothing to me. I could take it or leave it.

5. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though most of my collection is Henkei, I'm perfectly happy with the universe version of him. I would say this is one that isn't worth the extra cost.

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Henkei version, definitely.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Can't say I've seen a good enough shot of Henkei Onslaught to judge him. That said, Universe version is close enough for me. I'm not interested in paying extra for chrome in inappropriate places.

8. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

What I don't get is that I'm under the impression that these toys are made in the exact same place, so why not make them the same for both markets?

I know one objection would be that a lot of you do not like the chrome on some of these toys. I would answer that they should make all the toys the exast same quality as Henkei except for the chrome.

Astrotrain is a good example of how the difference isn't necessary. But what about Premium Movie Prime? Except for the chrome there were some minor paint details, Sword, cheeks, ears, that a lot of us would have liked on the Hasbro version.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hmm, do you think his pegging leg issue would be fixed for the Henkei version?