Onslaught Reborn

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Boggs6ft7, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Not sure how many people saw this, I just saw it in Previews at my local shop yesterday.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Onslaught/OnslaugthReborn.htm

I personally hate Rob Liefeld's artwork and wondered how he gets work. The man has three expressions: Yelling, Angry, Yelling some more. I will read this story however for the shear humor of it, and its written by Loeb, I like most of his stuff.

Of the Heroes Reborn books, I thought the Ironman story was cool, and I like Jim Lee's artwork on Fantastic Four. Other than that, it was crap.

Here is an example of Rob Liefeld's crappy comic skills.
    [​IMG]

Tiny head, weird bent knee (is that even possible), and a huge crotch. Disproportions everywhere.

2. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

You have to admit, though, it's a huge improvement on this old image:

[​IMG]

3. Boggs6ft7

I remember that picture. I don't see how he looks at that and says, "Well, I'm done. Another job well done by me" I would be embarrassed if I had that picture published.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Becasue digital colourings = kewlz

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Yeah, I'm no fan of Liefeld either, but I enjoy Loeb's writing and Onslaught is one of my favorite stories/villains, so I'll most likely pick this up. Besides, some of the money it generates goes to the Sam Loeb Foundation.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I approached Rob at a convention just a month or two after he took over New Mutants. He was sitting at the ghetto table being totally ignored not the big Marvel booth the A-listers where at. I asked for an autograph and tried to talk to him a little about doing New Mutants (I hated the artist before him and thought he was actually an improvement) and he was a prick about it, he quickly signed and brushed me off. The next year Cable had been introduced and he was at the big boy table critiquing what people wanted him to sign. If you brought the 1st appearance of Cable you where ok, if you brought any other book up he told you you should have brought the 1st appearance of Cable.

*edit* This article on Rob cracked me up. http://ape-law.com/GAF/Page06/index.html don’t forget to check the links at the vary bottom, I love the descriptions they gave some of the pictures,

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, not a big fan but still better than some of the artists out there to me. But i'll still pick this title up.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A sequel to one of the most poorly planned X-Men crossovers/editorially hijacked events ever with art by one of the worst artists in comics? Oh yeah, can't miss this one. :rolleyes2 

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget, Michael Turner's doing the covers. That should add some rich fuel to this fire.

10. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

The mid 90's called they want their crappy ideas and artist back.

11. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

NO.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

The only way this could possibly be worse is if Scarlet Witch turns out to be the new Onslaught -- tying every crappy Marvel storyline from the past 10 years into a giant shit sandwich.

I kind of figured Loeb had lost it after the Superman/Batman "Vengeance" storyline, and this proves it. Which is a real shame, considering how good Civil War is.

-XCN-

12. Boggs6ft7

I think this is just in the Heroes Reborn universe, not the normal universe. Kinda like 2099, AOA, Ultimate, etc...

13. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I miss when they used to only remake popular things.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Problem is that Onslaught was popular and Heroes Reborn started out very strongly. The only reason Reborn fizzled out was because Leifeld left midstream and Avengers and Cap had to get a replacement team.

Personally I want to see what happens here. I bet it'll be as sucktacular as the AOA 10th anniversary but Loeb gives me hope once in a while. Je's a damn nice guy and his work never fails to impress me.

And I thought the Supes/Bats Vengance story was a friggin sweet mindscrew.

15. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, no, take a re-read of the article that you posted the link to (assuming that you read it through thw whole way the first time, I know I really had to force my way through reading that drivel the whole way through).

It does involve the Heroes Reborn world, but also includes the standard Earth.

The worst part of that drivel was among Liefeld's comments. He said this would be interesting because we hadn't seen Xavier or Magneto since M-Day. Guess he missed that whole 'X-Men: Deadly Genesis' mini-series and New Avengers (was it #22?) with Magneto's face on the cover. Hopefully, it's just Liefeld living in his own world, as usual, and he hadn't actually gotten real info on the story yet.

Either way, this looks like an even bigger stink-fest than Civil War. A huge pass on this one.

16. Boggs6ft7

I did read it though the whole way though, and now I re-read it again, and it's still taking place in the Heroes Reborn universe. It starts out in the normal universe, then Onslaught gets put into the HR universe.

I honestly can't see this having any effect on Civil War or anything else in the normal universe, at least I hope it doesn't.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There is no HR universe. That version of Earth is now in the 616 as Counter Earth. It orbits the sun in the exact opposite position as the regular Earth. It last appeared in Exiles, and it's a really crappy place to live.

18. Boggs6ft7

That world isn't supposed to involved in the story. Its just the seperate timeline/universe of Heroes Reborn.