onslaught legends class mislabel!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by audioinmotionin, Oct 5, 2009.

1. audioinmotionin

audioinmotionin Well-Known Member

i was at walmart earlier tonight and came across a sea of onslaught legends figures. i was looking thru them and noticed a legends figure that said starscream. i pulled it out and found out it was an onslaught figure, with the actual onslaught card backer, but it had starscream on the name liner. kinda odd so i bought it.

i'll be sending it to afa to get graded along with my rotf voyager mixmaster in megatron box.

here are the pics of the onslaught mislabel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics trying to show it is still factory sealed... not sure if i accomplished that or not but here goes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know your opinions and if anyone has seen any other mislabled or mixboxed transformers as of late......

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    umm yay? sorry mislabels don't get me that excited and your planning to get them AFAed doesn't help, but thats personal to me so don't let it bug ya. If that works for you go for it :thumbs2:  as for seeing any no i have not not that i actually look for them but i think id notice some as obvious as that one

3. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

That's pretty cool, I've seen some mislabled Star Wars figures before, but not TFs though.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Would being mis-labeled make it more or less valuable? Like if you wanted to AFA a figure that had missing paint apps.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Less. It's a flawed toy. And for the most part, one of a kind. And as seen by the very first reply to the thread, flawed toys often garner little to no interest. Unless some collector has that kind of stuff as his niche, then it's only valuable to him.

Only toys that are flawed through a fair portion of a production run really see any kind of difference in second-market pricing. Not sure if this is really a flaw, but my best example off the top of my head would be "No-Pan Shabu Shabu" Angela from early on in the Spawn line (not the official name, just one that I like personally). And really, it's just because there's nerd/pervert interest in a toy that has no underwear of any sort painted on an otherwise flesh-toned figure.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Interesting.. I saw and ROTF Legends Bee who was upside down in the box. It wasn't a return.

7. audioinmotionin

audioinmotionin Well-Known Member

this is the 2nd this year... the first was the mixmaster which was in a fully labled megatron box. had the megs info on the rear, megs name on the sides, and megs picture and name on the front but it is mixmaster completely factory sealed in the box.

i'm mainly wanting them afa graded to prove authenticity as in "factoy sealed" not just removed from one package and inserted into another package to fake it. but actually verify it as being an authentic misbox/mislabel. i'm not interested in selling them either just something to add to my already expanding collection.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think the insert came from Animated Legends Screamer. Probably the repaint of LOC Thundercracker that Onslaught shipped with alongside Red Alert.

9. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter to me, cause once it's opened, it's not mislabled anymore.

11. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local Wal-mart has a ton of mislabeled ROTF legends, such as Tankor labeled as Jetfire. Got me excited that time when I thought I found Jetfire, but to no avail.

12. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    saw this at toy kingdom (philippines) last saturday:
    [​IMG]

i often see error packaging in hot wheels, i think it's the first time i've seen it in tf toys.