Onslaught classics 2.0 on cover of TFCC magazine

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hollywood Hoist, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    i'm lovin the look of Onslaught, even if he's not a combiner. i just pray that he's not a club exclusive!

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The pun alone, imo, confirms that it's Onslaught. Also, if you look at thim, he looks a lot like Onslaught, well, at least he does imo. Even if you just take the coloring and the head into acount, it's obviousley him (who else cold it be?).

From reading the info given with the picture, he's not. He's going to be a mass release.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, now that's a pleasant surprise!:thumbs2: 

I'm not gonna hold my breath in hope that he's the first piece of a combiner, but I must say he's absolutely gorgeous so far and Fall can't get here quick enough for me.:bowdown: 

4. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Pete@botcon confirmed that this was Onslaught in a post at the TFCC I read about this there before coming here.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Not so drastic... He has the same color scheme, his chest looks alike, with the windows in place of the removable chest shield, and the wheels are on the legs like on G1 Onslaught. Also, looks like he has the Con signia on his shoulders too.

The legs look like they transform in quite a complicated way, and there are some weird silver rails/cages inside...

I bet this is a combiner, see the top part of the shield - you can see some panel can be raised from that. I bet that becomes Bruticus's chest shield.

I'm on mixed terms with him. That's because I really like Energon Barricade, he's a great 'Classics' Onslaught, and Kickback works as Brawl and Blackout as Vortex. I thought Hasbro would retool Cybertron SWindle (who's a retool of the E. combiner Sledge mold anyway) to be able to combine, and repaint the A-10 Warthog E. Aerialbot mold to Blast - Off (if they wouldn't have done it, I would) but this is more interesting.

But, as others said, it'd have been nicer if they would have used a less-overused Combiner. Like Defensor, or Menasor - they just got the name for that one recently.

At any rate, I bet the other 4 will be the Deluxe-sized Combaticons. Oh and this one is surely only Voyager-sized. With Ultra size, the upper body would be to big on Bruticus.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed.

7. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

The head and the back mounted guns are a good indication imo

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing is, the only two size classes that we know will be in Universe are Deluxes and Ultras. I personally think he's an Ultra, and depending on how big he ends up being, and how big of Deluxes they can get out of the other 4, I can see it working out well. Especially if Onslaught's legs and arms go towards the creation of the gestalt arms, instead of just folding up and into the torso part.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Awesome! Great to have a Classics Onslaught finally. Also, I'm not holding my breath for a combiner, but I hope they do one! :D 

10. taterx

If I'm not mistaken is there anouther scale besides ultra and delux in classics 2.0?

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Don say that he did the designs for two "smaller figures" for Classics? I'd say Onslaught would be a deluxe, with 4 basics as the others...

Chris

12. taterx

Do you remember that's how Menasor was formed in the G1 cartoon. The 4 small cars fit around the arms and legs of an extended Motormaster.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If there is, we haven't heard anything about it. Closest to that would be the listings for next year that we got, where there was a section that said there would be 8 additonal figures in the line, but didn't say what size class they were. The same listing did tell us that there would be 8 Deluxes and 4 Ultras in this first run, though I do believe Hasbro said just after that, that we shouldn't read too much into any info that doesn't come straight from them on their website.

Huh...didn't know that, lol. I was actually thinking of some Gestalt kitbashes that I've seen, where the arm and leg parts were just basically add-ons to the torso's arms.

14. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

If we do get Combaticons, I want a Protectobot as well to even out the combiners...

15. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    truck yeah!

16. taterx

Closest to that would be the listings for next year that we got, where there was a section that said there would be 8 additonal figures in the line, but didn't say what size class they were.

That's what I was thinking of. UPS just dropped off encore Ironhide+Ratchet...YEAH!

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I want that Defensor/RID Optimus Prime we saw at the Hasbro headquarters.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Onslaught screams unexpected and instant-buy too.

19. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah he was originally a concept for a Botcon exclusive before the buy out but I would so buy him in the classics line

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What size is Ultra? I've never heard of it...

Is it slightly between "Leader" and "Voyager"?

I have a toy called "Ultra Jetstorm," and it's pretty big. A bit bigger than Voyager Jetfire, smaller than Leader Prime.