Onslaught classics 2.0 on cover of TFCC magazine

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hollywood Hoist, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm guessing it's no coincidence they made Onslaught into a SWAT vehicle. I'm curious to know if Onslaught was Hasbro's first version of Animated Bulkhead, using the traditional look before the Animated look. They both transform into SWAT trucks, hmm......

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's very unlikely imo. I think that the final look of Animated was one of the first things that was decided when the first started to develop it. Also, Bulkhead isn't really a SWAT truck. He's more of a Military truck (not a huge difference, but, a big enough one imo). Also seeing that neither have anything about them that's similar, I personally don't think their connected in any way or form. Nothing against your opinion, that's just how I see the situation.

3. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i want to get the club mag now but hitch membership do we get the exclusive figure too?

$40 or $60

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Both. The only difference between those two options is the shipping. Basically for $20 more you can get the magazine and what not shipped faster than for $40.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not totally sold on this guy. He looks potentially cool, but I'm not really digging him as Onslaught. And SWAT? Eh.

But, uh, yeah, I'm sure I'll still buy him. And probably end up digging him.

6. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm. I'll wait until I get my copy of the club mag before I decide. I'd really like a new combiner set, but that's only a secondary consideration for me, as far as new toys are concerned.

Although, I've already been planning to get the whole line (Universe/Classics 2.0), I might just get him anyway. Not that I'm a completist or anything, since I still haven't gotten the '07 Botcon exclusives.
    Y'know, I probably would be a completist if I had unlimited funds....

7. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

If they are a gestalt... HUGE.
    Like, combined form would be bigger than a supreme wouldn't it?

However.

Hasbro'll probably turn this to sh*t in every possible way...

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Any more word on if he will combine to form Bruticus?

They are AWESOME if you can find a good deal on them jump on it. Having all the Classics Seeker is truly jaw dropping. I still dont believe I have them all.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Onslaught sure wouldn't have been my first choice for the Classics treatment (heck, I don't think he'd even be in the top fifty), but he still looks like a nice figure. Somehow I think the face will end up looking more like him once we get a closer look at it. But even if it doesn't, Onslaught is such a C-level character (IMO, of course) that there's room for some reinterpretation. And the body design of this figure certainly looks nice! And I'm always up for more blue Transformers; I just really tend to like them, for some reason.

As for combining abilities.... yeah, it would be nice if that were the plan, but I really doubt it. I have a feeling he'll be the only Combaticon we see, and that he'll just be a stand-alone character. Even so, I think he'll probably end up hanging out with Cybertron Swindle on my Classics shelf. :) 

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the funeral home but has anyone received this issue of the Club Magazine? Perhaps if someone has, they could share some info as to what is shown. Obviously pics are taboo but descriptions, heck even names would be cool. :) 

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think this one is coming out until sometime in February, But I'm not dure of that.

12. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I understand the mag comes out Jan 25th. So 8 more days!

not that I've been counting....

.....but, yes, I have. =)

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    so the 25th, plus a few weeks for me to actually receive it. :) 

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I predict I will get it....sometime in March.

*criiiies*

15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    T_T

Hasbro is being such teases.

Very valid, except Dispensor is now in robot heroes it seems as a test selling point. Which he'll potential casually gravitate deeper as his sales rocket or die if he plummets.

I agree with your thoughts, but they could potentially seap one in as regular releases over time that just 'conveniently' combine if you buy them all. Like we had started to see with the random design pegs in beast wars and machines.

For Megatron, because of movie hype, I lean time travel or parallel earth type backstory. Possibly replacing him, with references from other sources. Since movie megs is 'incognito', and classics can always do tthe super megatron rebirth later from being rebuilt out of galvatron to erase 'the chaos techno demon' touch. That'd be sweet. Also leaves the door open. But do we want unicron referenced or not? And what does this mean about a Rodimus release? Or will the energon one be repacked? It is universe afterall. Oh and if it is a gestalt on onslaught. I hope it works with the other gestalt pieces somehow, or someone develops adapter plugs. :D 

16. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Oh ok, cool. I shall continue to try to wait patiently :D 

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i hope prowl is a design shown in the issue. And i cant wait for the lambros. either......

actually ill probably hang this issue on my wall to tide me over till august lol :) 

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    We were promised pictures of "all five" of the first wave (scroll down a bit at http://www.transformersclub.com/), but I have no idea who's in the wave. The lambros (or at least one of them) seem more likely than Prowl (although BOTH could easily happen) given that we've already seen sketches a year ago.