Only Sentinel Prime can use his weapons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I noticed in the Chicago battle, when Sentinel was knocked off his feet by the RPG, he ran towards his Primax Blade and warshield.
    As he did so, they both slowly converted just a bit.
    Can be seen around 13 seconds or so:
    Transformers 3 Fight Scene - Optimus vs Sentinel [HD 720p] - YouTube

Does this mean only Sentinel can use his weapons, or was it just so they could "fit" in his ALT mode

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you're thinking too much about a small piece of animation. Michael Bay likes it when parts move. He was really big on selling that in the first couple of movies (10,000 parts in Ironhide's gun!) and he probably thought it looked cool.

But, if I had to wager a canonical guess, I'd say they were folding up for alt. mode. There'd be no real reason why a shield wouldn't "work" for someone else.

3. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

What i hate about the scene is that 3 autobots couldnt fight him off but 1 human could knock him down like that.

4. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    This was the first time I noticed the surprise and fright in megatrons face while Optimus attacks him

5. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Well, I'd be surprised if it didn't knock him off his feet. The guy is standing about a dozen or so metres away with a massive rocket launcher.

And that shield looks like it's about Sideswipe's/Bee's height. I'd be surprised if any of the Bots apart from Optimus or Sentinel would be able to use it effectively.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I always wondered that. If a Transformer has a transformable weapon but loses it while ransforming, does it transform while seperate?

The answer: in the movies, yes.

They were merely running distraction so they could hit him with a rocket.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is thai clip being played flipped around?? o_O .... Maybe not but I thought optimus shoulder checked sentinel's alt mode to the right of the screen, not the left.. I should watch the movie again :D , not that I actually NEED a reason to do so..

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    It is. Youtubers do it to dodge copyright takedowns.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah ok. I was all confused lookin at it, lol

10. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Well, we know that the space bridge only works for him, so he could have applied the same to his weapons, but nothing in the scene suggests that.

11. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

In that final battle, SP uses his gun to shoot a couple of the autobots a couple times...hell in that clip we see him shoot Sideswipe...was his gun not in "rust mode"?

12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I love those little details...

13. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

lol when sentinel transformes he says "my face" jst like in rotf wen optimus shoots megs in the face and he shouts "my face" it sounds the same anyway :) 

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Nah, only the Space Bridge is exclusive to Sentinel. His weapons are fair game to anyone else. In fact (before eagc7 comes and tells it) Optimus originally killed Sentinel with his own rust gun in an older draft of the script.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Most movieverse weapons seem to have two different settings. Optimus' original guns had a rapid fire and heavy slug firing mode. Megatron had a similar setup with his ROTF fusion cannon. We usually see them switch through some pronounced cocking motion.

16. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Sideswipe was only minorly grazed. And the rust shots were powered down in the actual film verse. In the comic and novel one shot anywhere and you were a pile of dust in seconds. In the film Ironhide takes 3 shots to the chest, and holds out for a good minute before dying, and doesn't so much become a pile of dust, as fall apart because his chest corroded to the point where it couldn't hold him together anymore.

So Sideswipe's single shot graze could have been no big deal.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This. I'm sure nothing is stopping any other character from running up and using his shield (except that it would be unbelievably large and unwieldily in anyone's hands but Optimus, Megatron, etc.). In fact, if Optimus wanted to, I'm sure he could've ran up, grabbed Sentinel's shield from the ground, and thrown it like a f**king frisbee to decapitate Sentinel. :lol 

Did you also notice that he fires at Optimus? In fact, from my replaying of that scene a few times, they seem to do things in parallel to each other. The moment Optimus reaches for his axe, Megatron raises his gun. When Optimus throws the axe, Megatron fires his weapon (insert obligatory "Megatron shot first!!1!"-meme :lol  ). The only difference is that Megatron either missed or his blast didn't affect Optimus, because, well, we all know how the battle turned out. But it does sort of shed some light on the whole "Optimus just flat out attacked Megatron with no provocation"-debate.

18. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everytime i see it...

Optimus was justified in everything he did.... This is war, Sentinel was a threat to mankind, and Megatron was a threat to everyone. Optimus had no choice but to either remove the threat's, reason,or terminate.

With Sentinel he tried all three. Sentinel refused and drew first blood. Optimus obviously didn't want to kill sentinel but he had to. Megatron on the other hand was just wack... He never needed to leave the Gladiator ring's.

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Sentinel Prime try to escape from Optimus Prime,he transform into his fire engine but he was damn slow

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I don't know about you, but shape-shifting from an alien robot into an Earth vehicle in two seconds is pretty darn fast to me. ;)  Given the duration of other transformations, his wasn't that slow. Plus, he was kind of crawling away (after being bombarded with attacks).