Only 3 Kryptonians?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Action Comics #841 and #843 both make references to there being a 3rd Kryptonian on Earth. Superman indicated that he and Supergirl are the only two he knows, so who's the 3rd and why isn't Power Girl one? Isn't she from Earth-2 Krypton? And what about Match? (not sure if he's a clone of Superman or a clone of Superboy)

It could be that the Kryptonian kid in the next arc "Last Son" is already on Earth, but one would think that the ship heading towards Earth is carrying him/her.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I don't think PeeGee counts since she's from Krypton-2 and Kal and Anorexic Girl are from Post-Crisis Krypton.

Match is a clone of Superboy, who was, in turn, a clone of Superman. So he's far too watered-down to be a real Kryptonian.

3. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

How are they handling Krypto here?

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    anorexic girl lol

watch out, TTs comin' after ya.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I've been wondering about that myself. Where the heck is the mutt anyway? I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since Infinite Crisis.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Krypto's getting a 1 issue thing coming up (i think) on Action Comics.

and anorexic girl...that's just wrong....she's a good enough size.

and i too dont think Power-Most-Likely-Implants-Girl counts in this case.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT SUPERGIRL.

Bitches.

:mad: 

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

krypto is from a fake phamtom zone version of krypton.

Heres kryptos origin post crisis. courtesy wikipedia.

The dog from Krypton
    The third and more familiar version of Krypto was introduced in the early 2000s Superman comics, as a dog from a false, idealized Krypton (that coincidentally resembled the pre-Crisis Krypton) that was created as a trap by one of Superman's enemies; Superman was able to defeat the trap, and when he returned to Earth, Krypto followed him.

This new version of Krypto has all the physical abilities of his pre-Crisis predecessor, but with a normal canine intellect, which initially caused a great deal of trouble for his new master when, for instance, he would scratch at a door to indicate he wanted to go out and unintentionally gouged big chunks out of the door with his super-strength, or inflicting grevious bodily harm when combating villains (since Krypto bites the way a regular canine would, only without being careful about his super-strength). As a result, Krypto was for some time locked away in the Fortress of Solitude under the care of one of Superman's robots programmed to emit the scent of the dog's real master. Superman has gone to great lengths to train the dog, and he now occasionally accompanies the Man of Steel on missions. Batman never misses an opportunity to poke fun at Krypto when Batman and Superman don't see eye-to-eye.

Krypto had a surprisingly violent reaction to Kara Zor-El when he first encountered her. The dog happened upon the girl while she was exploring the Fortress of Solitude and attacked, going so far as to use his heat vision and other potentially lethal attacks.

Some time later, Superman left Krypto in Superboy's care, saying that Smallville's open spaces were a better place for the dog, and that Superboy could use a friend (as shown in the 2003 Teen Titans #7). Their relationship had a shaky start, not helped by Krypto getting Superboy in trouble with the superheroine Starfire for destroying her alien garden.

However, they have slowly developed a close friendship, in which Krypto willingly does anything he can to protect Conner. One example of this loyalty was Krypto's quick defense of Conner from an outraged Earth Prime Superboy. Although Krypto was injured, this only strengthened his relationship with Conner.

With the death of Superboy during the Infinite Crisis limited series, it has not yet been revealed what has happened to Krypto and who cares for him in the current DC Universe, One Year Later.

9. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Hey, all I'm saying is she's been out of her little stasis pod for awhile now, isn't it about time someone taught her what a hamburger is?

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Imma cutchoo foo'

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Forget about Krypto. When are we getting a Streaky? We got Supergirl already. Heck, we got multiple supergirls.

12. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

ew. I hope we never see streaky again. well. it wouldnt be so bad if we had a streaky in name only. just a regular house cat. similar to what PG has.

13. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Forget Streaky, when are Beppo the Super-Monkey and Comet the Super-Horse coming back?

The Silver Age was kind of stupid.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

No shit. it was mad stoopid.
    I do like some of the basic concepts that were imployed during the silver age though. I like krypto, I also like ace the bathound. but not in a bat suit more like he was in batman beyond.

15. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Do not Dis the Legion of Super-Pets! If Proty was here he would morph into a boot and kick your butt.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    so...are the wonder twins considered pets?

form of a giant lamer! shape of a huge ass!

17. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

lololololololol. holy shit, you just made my night..

18. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Found this over at the DC Message Board

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Actually, in the lastest issue, Kara is trying to make freinds with a cat, and it kinda looked like Streaky.

20. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

The Wonder Twins got brought into the official DC universe a few years back. They actually made them somewhat effective too. But I dont think they've been heard from recently.

Go Streaky!