Only 2 more episodes to go :( What will you miss about Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 2, 2009.

1. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

I had not watched a cartoon on Saturday mornings in over 20 years till five weeks ago. For someone who grew up with Transformers the first time, it's nice to feel that childlike wonder again.

I've rarely seen a show where the creators/writers love the source material this much. It's obvious that they get almost as much (if not more) enjoyment out of making the episodes as the fans do watching them. If I ever got the chance to work on a project like this, with this many built-in fans and expectations, I would consider myself lucky to create something as solid as Wyatt and Isenberg have helmed.

I will miss this aesthetic, this continuity and everyone associated with it. I hope the creative staff gets another chance, but if they don't, they succeeded in creating a show that has made me truly enjoy Transformers again.

2. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

well why change it ?

eventually it will be correct and then it will be wrong again so on and so forth.

The thing I will Miss is a well written Transformers series :) 

All the G1 nods will also be missed they are pretty cool and overall I ll miss the new dinobots they were awesome. :) 

Really the movie is not my cup of tea for transformers because it is like taking someone who knows nothing about transformers and ask them to make a movie on it. Animated was a show that had alot of care put into it (seemingly). its as if the people who developed animated were I dunno Fans them selves :) 

I miss animated already :cry 

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm going to miss virtually everything about it. Amazing writing, undeniably the best voice actor cast since G1, vivid animation style, incredible amounts of action, the endless amounts of G1 homages & references, seeing more & more G1 characters get the Animated design treatment, Shockwave as voiced by Corey Burton once again and arguably THE best incarnation of the character ever, the dynamics of characters like Lugnut/Blitzwing, Megatron/Starscream, Sentinel/everyone, etc., the sarcastic smartassery of Bumblebee... and so much more. Season 3 alone opened up SO many story possibilities that it truly feels like they could have gotten at least 5 seasons out of this series without it feeling old or stale, not to mention validating a steady stream of what I consider to be some of the most clever & visually unique TF toys ever made.

It's such a shame that this show is getting axed so prematurely. Granted, Season 1 and a good portion of Season 2 were pretty slow and contained a lot of filler episodes, but I hoped that the second half of S2 and all of S3 would have been more than enough to save it and prove to CN or whoever that it deserves a chance to get on its feet.

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I could tell you when the announcement is coming, who is going to give it, and what they're going to say/put emphasis on, but that'd just ruin the fun.

5. allenspidey

allenspidey Active Member

Man I'm going to miss this show. My kids love it as much as I do. Personally, I think this has more to do with toy sales than anything. Every few years they need a new toy line for us to buy. It's really frustrating.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    My guess is that it'll be the usual corporate schtick ala "Yes Animated is cancelled/over/whatever, BUT the good news is...". They'll need to counterbalance the bad news with something good so that it's not all boo's from the crowd.

Unless they announce that they'll continue the toyline even without a show, not even something as awesome as Classics/Universe getting a new show on par with G.I. Joe: Resolute will soften the blow of Animated possibly going away entirely both as a show *and* a toyline.

Fingers crossed for something good to come of this.

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    To my knowledge, Animated is done, with no direct plans to continue it.

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Rodimus, because he was only in for one episode... *sighs*

9. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I'll miss everything. I could cry right now. When TFA is gone, IDK what I'll do. Everything is slipping away from me. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is gone, this is probably Smallville's last season, & Transformers Animated has 3 episodes left...I'll have nothing left on TV to watch anymore. The hellish economic roller-coaster ride isn't helping anything either. I feel that I wont find any peace at all this year. Will we ever get out of this giant hole the world is in?

10. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to miss the show for its storytelling and homages to the old shows. I'm going to miss it not taking itself seriously for some things that kept all of us interested. I'm also going to miss the characters.

What I will not miss is the over the top wacky animation. While I like it for being fluid, I couldn't consider this to be the replacement to G1 in any way even though it had characters from everything all over.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    3 weeks. :( 

12. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well at 3 weeks left, we can look foward to seeing it all on DVD.

13. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What will I miss?
    I'll miss the homages to almost every other TF series.
    I'll miss the unique new interpretations of classic characters.
    I'll miss the great animation and (mostly) good stories.
    I'll miss the awesome characterization of Transformers like Lockdown, Sentinel Prime, Swindle, Ratchet, Blitzwing, etc.
    I'll miss having EVERY CHARACTER fill a specific role, rather than just each one being a generic warrior or whatever.
    I'll miss the excellent toyline.
    I'll miss Professor Princess.
    :( 

[​IMG]

14. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

To me TFA is to the TF universe that Watchmen is to the comic universe, cuz you have to watch it with an open mind. Also they just dont fight decepticons, I mean in the other seris' (or what ever) Where are all the criminals besides decepticons?

15. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Dude, seriously, I'd like to believe that myself, but considering that Hasbro's going to another channel for 2010, and Cartoon Network has partial ownership of Animated, unless Cartoon Network wants to continue making a show they've shunted to 8 on Saturday mornings, then we're just fooling ourselves.

Me, I'm going to miss the fact that we may never get another Transformer show quite as entertaining as this one. What can I say, I'm a pessimist.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, to your knowledge, Animated's done, but I don't see other inside sources of this website like Se250 or whatever his name is say it's the last season. Just you. I say if Marty Isenberg or one of the producers or one of the people on top of CN says it is cancelled then I'll believe.

Of course all of us might me going throught the five stages of grief for Animated.

17. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I'll miss transformers animated, when transformers animated will be over

18. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

well, if you keep the same designer and scripts as well as the same artists, technicly, you can come with as good, or a continuity, in any format of any kind of universe

But sucks for toy buyers

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

When it is over (which MIGHT be soon), I'll miss all the character development and the homages to most other TF series.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I bet if Animated is announced cancelled, we will hear a lot of boo's from the crowd.