Online Store Recommendation Needed!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by highlander3000, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    sounds like we all have had a bad experinece with possibly the same retailer, and none of us are willing to say their name. heh

2. KillerMel

KillerMel Teh Honduran Wrestler

News Credits:
    Mel uses capturedprey.com. never had a problem whatsoever. :p 

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Ya. You know, IF it ever is alerted to whom the said store is, it may be a good idea for them to work on their customer service. Insane Galvatron's recent (I suppose I use that term loosely as it's still ongoing) problems with this store and other things I've read concerning totally unrelated incidents strongly compels me to not order from there. The reason being is that Transformers, no matter how you look at it, can be and is an expensive hobby to keep up. It's important to be cautious with my money, in particular for I'm on a limited income (as I'm sure many of us are). If a store has some bad press about something like taking a number of orders and not sending out product or downright misleading people over it, then my money shall not be spent there. That would go for any online toystore, not just this particular one. I know sometimes orders get mis-shipped, mishandled, etc. from many places, but to be led on about something for MONTHS isn't an "oops", but rather downright dishonest. It's important to get these things out in the open as a warning to those like me who have never shopped certain places before--caveat emptor. Maybe things will get set RIGHT, and business conducted more smoothly, then my personal feelings would change. Yet with the damage already done, and not just to IG, a lot of amends must be made and a better track record set forth.

4. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that people aren't willing to divulge the name of the store that screwed them over especially since the problems seem to be taking months to resolve. You have much more patience than I do! Are you all trying not to burn any bridges?

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    My problem isn't resolved. I don't want to hurt the chances that it will be. If all is made right, I will not trudge on the store's name. IF I get screwed, then everyone will know who it is. At this point, only time will tell. About a week at that.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Understandable, but I would consider it like this. Even if your problem is resolved, it's been shown by numerous examples that this business in question isn't trustworthy. By all of you witholding their name, you only allow them to do this same thing to even more people who might not have dealt with them if you had divulged the identity of the store.

Letting them stay hush-hush by quietly resolving the problem this late on in private does no one any good. If they don't feel a hit in business because their bad practices are publicized, then they won't have any reason to stop doing these things. They'll just assume they can keep getting away with it, and hushing people up months later by finally fulfilling the agreement.

7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You'll probably find its because the store could be one of the major sponsor stores for this site.

No-one wants to speak-out or badmouth a store which will likely have people watching various forums.

If it is the one I think everyone else is hinting to, then I to are another person currently waiting on a parcel from them. Add in the fact that the UK postal service really don't care that a parcel's possibly went missing, and even though I've been provided the only hints I can to them to find the parcel, its still not enough to actually investigate it.

But to get this back on track.

I can't rate Big Bad Toy Store high enough. I've always received items from them really fast Even though I'm in the UK It tends to arrive within a week of being sent out.

In the UK. Ellis Models rules. True I've not bought much from them in the last year, but the service is unrivalled in the UK.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be fair, if this is the store I *think* you're talking about, this isn't a new problem. Reports of these kinds of issues have been coming for literally for years. Again, if we're thinking of the same store, then I've seen a fair few complaints on ATT too. These practices aren't new for them, and there's not really any reason to think they'd change them because people kept quiet and let it be resolved "under the radar".

Actually, I would expect this site to *want* to know if one of their major sponsers was notable as being untrustworthy, and want to sever those ties.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stating facts regarding your experiences with an online retailer is not offensive to anyone. If the truth hurts, so be it. The fandom should be aware of excellent stores (TFsource, Digital-toys, BBTS) just as much as is should be aware of the ones to stay away from (Genesis debacle anyone?). Why would anyone want another person to experience problems for the sake of keeping up a store's online reputation? If they suck, they suck. Period.