Online Store Recommendation Needed!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by highlander3000, Dec 22, 2005.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I've noticed that TFsource and actionHQ have the Galvatron reissue at reasonable prices. I've only ever bought from Bigbadtoystore but their price is ten dollars higher than these two stores. Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings regarding either of them?

Andrew

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource is great. Their items come packed VERY well and are shipped quickly.

If I remember right, Action-HQ is located in Hong Kong. While the item might be cheap (which is surprising since they're usually expensive) the shipping costs will be high.

3. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Thanks!

Andrew

4. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Digital-Toys, JRSToyworld, and SupercowToys are all great too.

I've just placed my first pre-order with TFSource. The praise coming from TFW2005 about them really made it an easy decision.

5. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Killertoys.com, Kicks hobby, Image Anime, and don't forget Bill's toys and games as well. Just a few places to check out.

6. Empr Starscream

Empr Starscream Active Member

Ebay:
    JRS Toyworld has Galvatron in stock and ready to ship.
    JRS Toyworld Reissue Galvatron Link

Most US orders ship for $5.99 flat rate shipping so it will be $80.98 out the door.

Only way to guarantee Christmas arrival is express delivery options. Those do not apply to the flat rate price though.

Happy Holidays!

7. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

I've pretty much exclusively dealt with TF Source for all my TF needs. Haven't had a problem yet.

8. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

TFSource blew me away. I preordered a BTA Broadblast from them Friday before last--and got it the following Monday! I was expecting at least a week, especially since I ordered it right before the weekend, but as others said, it came quickly and packed very well. I was so impressed, I cancelled my preorder for Anime Galvy with BBTS and went with TFSource. :) 

I've also had good dealings with Joel at BBTS, JRSToyworld, and Digital-Toys, as well as HLJ and Action-HQ. Only problem with Action-HQ and HLJ are the somewhat pricey S&H fees due to their being overseas, and the long ship times due to the same. Still, they're all tried and true with me, so I'll recommend them. I've never personally dealt with a certain store which I won't mention, but over 6 MONTHS to deliver an order to a friend of mine who lives nearby has me leary of ordering from them. Last I heard (as of last week), the order still hasn't shipped. Again, I'm not going to mention the store's name, as to avoid any bad blood or ill will. I think it's important, though, to mention this is because of the need to illustrate that some well-known stores out there don't have such a good track record.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just nabbed the new Galvatron anime reissue off eBay for $24.99. Hong Kong based seller, but 7 day shipping was only $34.50. $59.50 shipped ain't bad at all!

I believe the seller has several so keep your eyes open if you are interested.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll step up as the friend you are referring to. This certain store took some items from me for store credit. It was a bunch of WSTs from wave 2 and 3. Including a bunch of Starscreams, Jazz, Soundwaves, and even a Thundercracker. I asked the store to hold some current ( at the time ) reissues for me until I could afford them. The order would've been more than my store credit. I was told it would be no problem. When I was able to purchase, my order was up to 2 MP-02s, 2 Blitzwings, and 2 Soundblasters. I contacted them and asked for an invoice ( minus my store credit ) so I could pay. I was told that it would be sent to me, and I could pay whenever because I was good for it. 3 shipping notices later ( first 2 turned out to be lies ), I still sit here waiting for the items. I was told it would be here by Christmas. FYI, I asked for my order just before the Perceptor reissue was released. I can't remember how long ago that was, but that's how long I've been waiting.

If I don't get my stuff by New Years, I will ask for a full PayPal refund of my store credit. If it doesn't happen, the store will be named.

11. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

I vouch for Bill and Staff at JRSToyworld.com. I have bought and traded with Bill a few times and he's top notch, fast shipper and very friendly! :thumb 

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've used BBTS and JRS a few times each, as well as Digital Toys once and Image Anime once each. All were great, though I seem to remember JRS being the fastest.

13. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Go with TFsource or Digital Toys.

I have dealt with online retailers who took my money, never sent my stuff, and won't reply to e-mails or provide a refund. TFsource and Digital Toys restored my faith in online retailers, they are both top notch suppliers.

14. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    wow.

I know who you're talking about and that's just pain sad. I hope all works out for you.

Just don't feel like you're the only one. There are MANY screwed over by this store.

15. Midnight Studio

Midnight Studio Banned

So who is this store so we all know not to shop there?

16. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Well, at least the guy has stayed in contact with me. Since posting in this thread, he has told me that I can have a refund anytime I ask. Though the items I bought have almost doubled in price. He swears it's been shipped twice. Lost the first time, had to order replacement stuff, and the last time is just held up. I'll update when either my stuff gets here or I get a refund. Looks like #2 is most likely, and he sounded willing to do it.

18. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Finding 2 Soundblasters will be extremely expensive :( 

Kinda strange I was screwed on the same figure too.

19. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is also exactly what has happened to me. I'm gonna drop you a PM, I am curious if this is the same place.

20. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I have a feeling that I might know which store your talking about. I ordered something over a year ago that I still haven't gotten. He said that it must have gotten lost in the mail. He then said that he would replace it, but he was having trouble getting more of that item. A few months ago he was supposed to be getting some, but I haven't heard from him. I've tried emailing him a couple times since about September, but I haven't gotten a response. I may just try to get a refund, but I'd much rather get my item if at all possible. It would probably cost me quite a bit more to buy it again at another place and I don't know if I'd be willing to spend that much right now. If something doesn't happen soon I'll just ask for a refund and be done with it.