Online store for Comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by lifedragon99, May 3, 2010.

1. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good online store to order comics. I live in Canada and would appreciate the help.

2. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    There aren't many online comic sites for Canadians but I did just find these guys (I haven't had experience with them yet though) http://www.allnewcomics.com/ They are pretty new (been around since 2005). It's a Canadian site so thats a plus and free shipping on big orders.

I quickly looked over their website, their selection isn't large (back issues) but I think they lean more towards providing subscription services.

Another one is Silver Snail...the website is terrible (IMHO) and if you're hoping to get comics from it, you have better luck at the store. The site is more for figures and collectibles.

That's all I can think of thats Canadian.

For US sites I use Graham Crackers Comics mainly now. However shipping is pricey. They offer a $10 and $12 shipping to Canada (they use to have a cheap $5 one). So unless your doing large orders your spending more on shipping then the books themselves. They also accept paypal.

Other sites I use are Comic Central and Midtown Comics but again, shipping is the major point to look at.

Comic Central for 1 comic, shipping starts at $7.01 (prices change bases on weight)
    CCG is just a flat $10 for shipping (from what I can tell - just added a bunch of trades and issues to my cart to test)
    Midtown, for 1 comic, shipping starts at $12.95 (they accept paypal as well)

EDIT: Also keep in mind that you might have to pay duties for shippments coming in.

Hope this helps!

Any other Canadians have sites they recommend?

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I wouldn't recommend X-World comics for anything. I don't know if they ship to Canada, but their shipping is really, really slow and they don't communicate with customers.