Online Retailers thoughts

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by karpomatic, Sep 23, 2011.

1. karpomatic

karpomatic Fansproject Fanatic

I wanted to say that I will no longer be purchasing items from the Big Bad Toy Store. Its taking them forever to get anything in and their customer service has dropped off the deep end.
    I originally preordered Fansprojects Stormbomb and Backfiery on 8/1/11. TFSource got Stormbomb on 9/2/11. It is now 9/23/11 and BBTS has yet to receive him. I was trying to be patient but after 20 days I cancelled my preorders for both Stormbomb and Backfiery. I then purchased them @ TFSource.com.
    As for the customer service part when I inquired about these figures on their Facebook page, my posts were deleted without response. Also, when I attemped to trade some figures in for credit their vintage deptartment gave me such a lowball number that I was insulted.
    Before this I had no issue with them. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with BBTS.com. I'd love to hear about it.

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not surprised about the lowball offer they gave you for your figures. Of course they will offer you less than they are worth, the store needs to make a profit off them. You're far better throwing them on eBay or posting them here in the Junkion if you want to get the best price.

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I like how BBTS is still trying to sell TRU Roddies for $120 even though they've been in stock at TRU.com for a while now and secondary market prices are nearing retail.

4. karpomatic

karpomatic Fansproject Fanatic

I understand they need to make money. the situation was this: I wanted to trade in my mint complete Nexus Prime for enough credit to get a Fansproject City Commander set. Dennis from their vintage dept. offered me $90 in store credit. I posted it on here looking for an even trade and I had a deal done in under an hour.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You are going to get a better deal when handling trading/selling yourself instead of trying to trade it to a store. Sounds like you got the deal you wanted.

Sorry to hear about the FP delay bothering you. I wont deal with TFSource because of issues in the past (detailed on this board). I do think that you should have contacted customer service instead of using their facebook wall/page. Most stores use that for advertising and will delete a lot of posts. Whenever I have emailed them I have received a response fairly quick.