Online Retailer review: Toyslogic - Avoid at all costs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dark_Rage, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

I believe this thread should belong here, since this store sells lots of model kits, toys, and other anime goods.

I ended up pre-ordering the DX Chogokin Bandai VF-25S Macross Frontier Valkyrie in the middle of February this year. And about once a month, I always get an email saying that the item has been delayed due to "Manufacturer or shipment delays".

I mean, if the item I wanted was rare and in limited production, that's understandable. But this item is a general release.

I have pretty much lost my patience (and to be honest, my manners) with this store; an absolutely atrocious inventory system, taking on too many orders than they can get themselves and putting their preorder customers "hostage". You might have remember this from A3U, in some cases took over a year to get an item, or you'll be subject to a "restocking" fee. Yeah. Same bullcrap here.

I don't know if other members have had positive experiences with this store, but I haven't and I will never deal with them again. It seems they lure you in with their cheap pre-order prices and take forever to actually give you the item you bought.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I had to wait an extra month for an item but I got it. If it's in stock they ship very quickly. I've had to be a little patient a couple times(never too long), but I've never been cheated by them.

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I stopped going to them about a year ago. I kept getting screwed over so I said 'forget it'. The problem is, they are less than 5 people and when they order items, they usually order for the preorders and literally half a dozen more at best. They site is fun for window-shopping, but they are piss-poor retailers compared to the alternatives.

First time, I preordered (and paid) for a $300 anime fig months in advance (June 07). Then, in Jan 08 when it came out, they didn't send me an email saying my order was being processed or anything and I was getting nervous after a week or two about their inventories.

When I asked them why they didn't process my preorder they said I didn't pay. I checked PayPal and yup, there was the payment to Toyslogic, but they denied it. So, I had to spend time going through and writing a minute by minute report of that day I preordered and paid with all sorts of transaction numbers and finally they said 'ok'. Ok? I mean seriously, they need me to convince them I paid?

When I got the email it was shipping out, it said UPS Super Saver, which is the cheapest and slowest, even though I paid for USPS Priority Mail which was far from it. I had to demand that they change that asap because I didn't pay for that. I don't think they keep any records.

Needless to say, I took some time away from them.

Let me also say the figure was to be out in Sept, but was pushed back to Halloween. Then a day before Halloween, it was pushed back to Thanksgiving weekend, and yup, you guessed it, pushed to just before Christmas. The preorder finally became an 'order' in January. The guys on the forums are nice, but funny. They talk about 'man, can't wait till this figure comes in. 1 more month!' and I'm like, 'dude, I got that from HLJ like 6 months ago!' If they relied on Toyslogic for media, they'd be all excited for their upcoming Laserdisc players right about now.

The second time, a few months later, they had a sale on a figure. I got 3 of them. Two were for friends. One was for a birthday. I ordered the in stock figures and paid for Priority Mail shipping. They then sent them out a week later, UPS Ground, and when I finally got the box, it was with 1 of them. Again, when I talked to them, they said the order was filled. After more mind-numbing work, they sent two more.

And then they complained on their boards saying sarcastically 'oh, we're sorry we took $6 from you from shipping. We lose thousands in shipping each year.' Like, I was supposed to lose money in shipping and their reason was because they f-ed up all the time. Amazing. Plus the true blue forum boys back them up. I will never understand fandom for an online retailer. Why? They don't make anything. Does CVS have groupies? Weird.

The last straw was when I cancelled a preorder and then ten days later, they charged me and sent an email saying it was in the process of being shipped. So, I went nuts about that, even sending them a copy of the 'Its all canceled, no problem' email they sent me ten days earlier. And the kicker was they were sending it out as a 'Ship Rush Priority' for what reason I don't know except for putting me a hair from having to pay return shipping costs.

I have had minor, if any, problems with other online retailers, but Toyslogic takes the F-in cake. Like I said, window shop there, but if you go too much, you will get burned. Plus their prices aren't great and their inventories are minuscule.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

CVS does have fanboys (well,girls mostly I think) check out,or rather DO NOT check out,iheartcvs.com.

5. Reeds

:lol  Nice. I was going to go with 'Duane Reade' but wasn't sure if they were as ubiquitous.

6. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    That's with pre-ordering, what about regular orders?

7. Reeds

First and third scenarios were preorders. Second one, the three figures, was a regular order.

8. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

wow, into about 7-8 months into my preoder now and still nothing. I get an email about the status of my order from some Brittany of the store, then I get another automated email 6 days later saying that it'll be delaying until the end of the month again. So...sent an email back to Brittany to ask if this is true. 2 and a half weeks later, no reply, nothing.

These guys email you quick and fast if you want to give them money but you get the cold shoulder as soon as they get your money. I smell a Ponzi scheme.

I'm emailing them about a refund now. I better get a full refund. This is going to be total BS if I'm subject to some "restocking fee" for a preorder.

These assholes should have shut down and gone bankrupt a long time ago. They're just surviving based on their false orders to desperate customers still waiting for like 2 years for some anime figures.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

I suspect you're going to have trouble getting it. After all these months your Credit Card company probably won't help. If needs be, since they're in CA and you're in the other CA, i'm wondering if there's some way you can file a claim through a local authority? - Just a random thought.

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I've gotten a bunch of stuff from them with no issue, they even took a return on something that arrived broken without argument. That said, I have been getting the month after month "delayed" runaround for about a year on two of the light armor Busou Shinkis. BBTS has them in stock, so yeah, getting pretty close to canceling that with them.

Oh yes, there was one other time, I preordered something, after a few months of delay they said they weren't getting any and cancelled the order. After I researched the toy some more I found it had actually been released a long time ago, so obviously the reason they couldn't get any was it was out of print. (Actually my memory is fuzzy, I think that's happened to me a couple of times, though not necessarily each time with toyslogic.) It's pretty darn annoying for a store to list a "preorder" for something that's long past its release. I ended up getting it for a lower price off Yahoo Japan Auctions anyway, but still.

Oh, but I'm not sure what you folks mean about them taking your money. They don't charge your credit card for a preorder until it's in stock and shipping to you. That's really the only responsible way to do it, there's no reason to prepay for a preorder when there are so many stores that don't charge you until the order is being filled.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they're worth half a damn they will. I had the same scenario with A3&U last year. It had been 8 or 9 months since I paid, and my CC company gave me the full charge back while investigating. Since he could provide no proof of ever shipping me anything (which he hadn't), it was finalized.