Online Price Guide?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultra Magnotron, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there any kind of online TF price guide? I just picked up some toys on Ebay and I'm trying to figure out their actual worth... if any.

2. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually...if you picked them up from ebay...they're worth what you paid

3. Ultra Magnotron

News Credits:
    See that's what I thought, but it doesn't add up. One of the items I got was a sealed two-pack containing Robots in Disguise Spychangers W.A.R.S. and Crosswise.

If I look for them on Ebay I can find a sealed W.A.R.S. for $4.99 + shipping, an opened one for $4.99 + shipping, and then the very same two-pack I won but going for a lot more. That one is $14.99 + shipping.

I only paid $0.99 for mine. Shipping was a little over $3. I suppose that equals about to close to $4.99 but then I'd be getting Crosswise for free if you wanna count shipping...

There has to be a better way to figure this out.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no really easy way to do it. Average out the recently completed auctions on Ebay, and it'll give you a general ballpark figure, but that's all you can do.

Prices of Transformers fluctuate so wildly that trying to come up with a centralized pricing guide would just be asking for major headaches.

5. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eBay is the price guide for every collectible

Just look at completed auctions and its real time pricing of what people are willing to pay

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think you'll ever find a guide that tells you "actual worth." I'll echo the above posters and tell you eBay truly is the best way to go. Look at the completed auctions to get an average price range, but be aware that things are always changing.

For my personal collection, I'm working on an excel file showing what I paid for it and what things are currently "worth," or how I look at it, "replacement value." I'll always have to be updating it though.

7. Ultra Magnotron

News Credits:
    That is not a bad idea! I think I'll begin to create one of my own.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's also good for insurance purposes. If you have a really valuable collection and god forbid a fire broke out or something, this is a way you can document what you had. I forgot to mention I also include pictures in my database.

9. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The days of reliable price guides are dead. Ebay killed them all. About all they're good for now is a hardcopy database of what was released when and what it came with.