Online price guide??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ace96, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Is there an online Transformer price guide? Just curious what a G1 Galvatron in box would go for. Thanks.

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    There isn't one that's worth anything. Your best bet is to check recently ended auctions on eBay. Disregard the highest 10% and the lowest 10%, then take the average of the rest and you have your answer. Too much work? Oh well.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Yeah, Ebay is the only thing that's remotely accurate these days.

Price guides are written by dealers and for dealers. I saw a price guide surveyor in action at Botcon a few years ago. I listened to one dealer tell him how hot the combiner teams were and spouted off what he was selling them for. The guide guy was drinking it all in eagerly. I turned around to look at my table - I had 4 of them sitting there at far less than the prices he was naming and no one even looked at them.

4. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I was afraid of that. Anyone have a guesstimate of the value? Thanks.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, there's this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Generation-1-Galvatron-complete_W0QQitemZ150139456036QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But that seems a little low to me. Honestly, if you are thinking about selling it, put it up on eBay with a $0.99 starting bid and put the reserve at whatever you'd like to sell it for. If it sells, great, you make some money, if not, then great, you don't feel like you were cheated.

As with any collectible, it sells for what you're willing to part with it for, and what a buyer is willing to pay. After a fashion, your transaction is what ultimately determines its value.

6. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I picked up one for $280 that had not been played with or had stickers applied. Still in box. Just wondering how bad I got screwed or not. lol.

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

280?? Sounds like you got screwed.